• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2023

The one issue I would say with the concept of a group lottery is, considering how stellar Disney IT is, what if some members of the family need the 5k, some need Dopey, some need Goofy ect? I wouldn't trust them to program all those scenarios in.

For those of you who have shared that you are in the queue. Are you passed the spinning wheel? Do you have a count down?

Cherry blossom allows for groups to enter the lottery together. It's all or nothing. Groups can have up to 10. That might be an option for DIsney. But seeing how this is going...

I've at least got past the dwarves and have three "thank you for your patience" pages.

My natives are starting to get restless and are rooting around the kitchen. Not sure how much longer I can hold them off before having to figure out lunch.

same here... spring break week for us. thank goodness we don't have anything else planned today and they are being good about playing while I'm just running back and forth from my laptop and computer to them. Lunch soon for us too. I just want to register and get really excited about this instead of this unknown!

They could also set something up where people pre register over a few days, then receive a registration link. That would prevent people from having multiple browsers open
Wouldn't everybody just get links sent to all their email addresses instead? Work, gmail, other . . .

They could also set something up where people pre register over a few days, then receive a registration link. That would prevent people from having multiple browsers open

Or they could maybe reward loyal Disney/runDisney consumers by having staggered registration sort of like the Castaway Club on the cruise.

First let AP/DVC register after club rundisney, then have people who've participated in 20+ events, 10+ events, 5+ events, 1 previous event ect.

Or they could maybe reward loyal Disney/runDisney consumers by having staggered registration sort of like the Castaway Club on the cruise.

First let AP/DVC register after club rundisney, then have people who've participated in 20+ events, 10+ events, 5+ events, 1 previous event ect.
If anything, people who’ve run the races LESS should get higher priority IMO

That would deter people from invest in Club RunDisney, though.

Wouldn't everybody just get links sent to all their email addresses instead? Work, gmail, other . . .
ya, but I feel like that would limit the number of links? Or tie the account to an address? I'm not sure. Mostly just trying to not loose my mind

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter