Marathon Weekend 2022

Can anyone share or give advice on their plan for salt consumption tomorrow? I’ve only ever used them once and I was running with someone who had that figured out for us so I just ate whenever she said eat. I’ll be using Salt Stick Fast chews. Should I take one right at the start and then one every 30 mins? Thanks in advance for any help!
The recommendation on the package seems to assume no other source of electrolytes. I use the chews in hot weather, but also use Gu, and creamy peanut butter on runs longer than 4 hours. So if you're also using pretzels or gu or something salty, you may be fine with fewer than the package recommends.

Had a good run today but I’m feeling very anxious about tomorrow. Between the leg pain and the heat forecast I’m really concerned I won’t be able to finish. But I’m going to start and see how it goes!

anyone know how long it took the balloon ladies to cross the start today?
They crossed at 6:03

I am kind of freaking out about the possibility that the marathon course could be shortened, before i make it past the point where they're shortening it. I know none of us can fully predict what's going to happen there; I was here for the 2017 Half, so I know to expect the unexpected! But if they DO cut short the course, and I'm determined to get in the missing mileage after the finish line, is there a reasonable place to try to do that near the finish line, or should i just hop a bus to my resort and run laps there?

Another random HM question - How were the corrals getting out this AM? Anyone have a rough start time for back of s2/beginning of s3? Trying to figure out my dark castle cut off for next month.
I was about 1/3 of the way back in S4 and crossed the start at 5:32

I am kind of freaking out about the possibility that the marathon course could be shortened, before i make it past the point where they're shortening it. I know none of us can fully predict what's going to happen there; I was here for the 2017 Half, so I know to expect the unexpected! But if they DO cut short the course, and I'm determined to get in the missing mileage after the finish line, is there a reasonable place to try to do that near the finish line, or should i just hop a bus to my resort and run laps there?
There is plenty of space to run circles (or even a straight line to make up any distance that may get cut out; however, you will have to make it through the finish chute first, and then you will be carrying bottles of water and Powerade, a food box, and a banana… so maybe just walk the rest through the parking lot? Or have someone meet you to hold on to all that stuff??

I think a lot of people just kept running in the Epcot parking lot/post-finish area in 2020.

There is plenty of space to run circles (or even a straight line to make up any distance that may get cut out; however, you will have to make it through the finish chute first, and then you will be carrying bottles of water and Powerade, a food box, and a banana… so maybe just walk the rest through the parking lot? Or have someone meet you to hold on to all that stuff??
Good idea! But I'm solo this trip, so i guess I'd either carry that stuff or dump it! I've never been a fan of that cheese dip, and I could find a banana later I'll bet. 😆
I think a lot of people just kept running in the Epcot parking lot/post-finish area in 2020.

This is good to know! Thanks!

Another random HM question - How were the corrals getting out this AM? Anyone have a rough start time for back of s2/beginning of s3? Trying to figure out my dark castle cut off for next month.

See below courtesy of @DopeyBadger from earlier in the Princess 2022 thread.

I think our latest guess as to what this news means is that there will be little to no difference in the actual start time. So the 5000th runner whether they're in Corral E in the 2020 corrals or the 3rd group in the 2021 setup would still be starting at the same time of day. Just that those former corrals are grouped together, and they're saying you can show up to the staging area a little later. But that's speculation based on what we think we know at this time.

As for sunrise timing:

5:35am is Astronomical Sunrise
6:02am is Nautical Sunrise
6:29am is Civil Twilight
6:53am is Actual Sunrise

View attachment 596960

Take about 20-30 min off the times above in relation to the pictures. So the 3rd picture (6:48am) is like 6:29am at Princess Weekend.

I was about 1/3 of the way back in S4 and crossed the start at 5:32

I was the first wave of s4 and started at 5:26. I run at turtle speed and it was starting to get light for my castle photo at 7:05. Though my selfie from Main Street was much darker only 10 minutes earlier. The light changes quick.

FWIW (not sure if worth much), threat level sign at expo is green.

also FWIW (not sure if worth much at this point), I have bib 62XX and am s6. Further back than thought/hoped (5:31-6 est time)!

Nervous as heck for tomorrow! Hope everyone is having fun and staying safe.

I accidentally had a typo with a bib number for photo pass linking (I blame less than 2 hours of sleep). Does anyone know if I can unlink a code?

I’m not sure how to reply to individual quotes here, but to the people thinking about times and race cutoff possibilities, 2020 isn’t a great year to go off of right? The start was delayed by a half hour, so the point at which the conditions reached the intervention stage could technically come a half hour later in this year’s course? I’m *really* hoping for an on time start tomorrow, that extra half hour of sun last time did not do me any favors.

And to the person looking for salt chews- I have extra at Pop if that helps.

Good idea! But I'm solo this trip, so i guess I'd either carry that stuff or dump it! I've never been a fan of that cheese dip, and I could find a banana later I'll bet. 😆

This is good to know! Thanks!
I usually take a plastic grocery bag (stuffed in my pocket for the whole race) to carry everything in. Someone several years ago mentioned that.
I need to get food in me immediately after a marathon - something. Otherwise it will usually take me hours (longer?) before I can eat - I’ll be nauseous around food… If I eat something right away, I can usually eat something bigger later - still may not be completely hungry, but it won’t make me sick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter