Marathon Weekend 2022

Everything went pretty smoothly this morning. Was able to get everything I wanted. It did get a little hectic but I’m guessing that people visiting later in the day won’t be as…eager….as some of the people this morning. I was also able to find some salt chews which I’ve been panicking about.

s4 for dopey with an estimated 4:31-5:00. Also, did they give me the wrong souvenir tag or is it just random? It’s a half marathon one instead of dopey. Maybe they just randomly grab?
It’s for the half-marathon anniversary

Woohoo! We are 1 hour into our 4hr road trip to the airport hotel. Flight is scheduled to leave at 7:00 and fingers crossed that it holds up since I know our area is supposed to get hammered with snow (I heard 10in?!) overnight and tomorrow.

I hope you made it out of DTW!! Flights were being cancelled out of GRR before the snow even arrived this morning. Getting absolutely pummeled with snow and blizzard conditions right now.

Disclaimer: I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, because I know it’s a privilege that these races are taking place at all.

I have always had proof of time in the 2:15-2:45 range for the Half Marathon and so I’m used to having an experience free from most congestion. I put down a 2:30-2:45 estimate for this year’s race and now I’m on the verge of canceling my trip because people with similar time estimates are in S5. How is it at the back of the pack?

Disclaimer: I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, because I know it’s a privilege that these races are taking place at all.

I have always had proof of time in the 2:15-2:45 range for the Half Marathon and so I’m used to having an experience free from most congestion. I put down a 2:30-2:45 estimate for this year’s race and now I’m on the verge of canceling my trip because people with similar time estimates are in S5. How is it at the back of the pack?
This year for the half there are six start groups in previous years there were more corals also from my understanding group 2 is the runners who $$$ for club RunDisney

Reminder for Annual Passholders at the Expo; in previous years there has been a modest passholder discount. Easy to forget in all the excitement; ask me how I know.....
See if you can return them at a resort store, and then repurchase…. Or if they can just credit you back the difference.

I've been in line for about 40 minutes, I'm in the last section, so getting close. Maybe another 10-15 minutes. Its been moving pretty constantly which helps.

Just also an FYI, I’m not sure how they split things up, but this is s2 with a 3:58 POT.

My 3:57 PoT ended up in S2, as well. Not real thrilled that they’ve dropped PoT runners down in with the Club rD corral purchasers. I thought they were supposed to start after the PoT runners.

My 3:57 PoT ended up in S2, as well. Not real thrilled that they’ve dropped PoT runners down in with the Club rD corral purchasers. I thought they were supposed to start after the PoT runners.
I was going to ask your number but you are Dopey. I will get there tomorrow but my marathon number is 690 and my POT was right at the cutoff. I did not even think it would go through. I had a 10 miler at 1:24:46 from 2019. Holy crap i am so not there. Dang i have a ways to go to get back to that and i am older :(.

Has anyone seen/confirmed if resorts are offering the quick serve spaghetti runner's meal? I've seen runner's boxes on some menus, but not spaghetti...

Here's the pacer information from Facebook with starting groups.

I'm surprised they cut the POT group up and put them in s1 and s2. I could see the s2 exclusively for Platinum runners reasoning. Best guess is that there are only a few hundred Platinum runners and rather than have them in a group alone, they decided to put a few other back-end POT runners with them. Just a guess though with nothing to base it on really. Seems odd given the % of runners relative to the field.

Looks like the M s6 group has 5:45 all the way to 7:00 for pacers. Which I guess isn't terribly surprising since 6:00-7:00 estimated only had 16% of the total field.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter