Marathon Weekend 2020

Download and print your waiver here (https://www.trackshackresults.com/disneysports/waivers/WaivR20WDW/verify.php)...it will have your bib number on it near your name. Then, match your bib number against these below.

743FDC7E-4183-4D7B-84D3-A110A85CFD50-e1576794340762-1024x677.jpeg

013A0980-2390-457F-8880-D541B34C29F3-e1576794408133-1024x664.jpeg

6CABD5F9-6FBA-4D91-BE00-BA0F6066144A-e1576794464923-1024x692.jpeg

D5E0E151-E4FD-487B-8204-43ADD7F225B5-e1576794518222-1024x672.jpeg
@knhellesky, See this post here for corral and bib info

Has anyone successfully linked their bibs to photopass? I keep getting an error message. Of course it worked when I accidentally linked a bib from last year for a random person (copied an old link) and then had to manually delete all their pictures. Sorta too bad, they smiled in all and look like they were having fun. Ah well, Life goal! šŸ˜‚

Has anyone successfully linked their bibs to photopass? I keep getting an error message. Of course it worked when I accidentally linked a bib from last year for a random person (copied an old link) and then had to manually delete all their pictures. Sorta too bad, they smiled in all and look like they were having fun. Ah well, Life goal! šŸ˜‚
I tried yesterday, but kept getting the error message. I donā€™t remember when I did it last year, but my assumption is that weā€™ll have to wait until the race weekend officially starts.

I linked mine yesterday without any issues, though I won't be 100% sure of that until the pictures start rolling in on Thursday.

Checked the weather again today. Still no miracle cold front predicted. In 2014, after either the half or full, I was on the bus back to the AKL. It was a particularly hot weekend. A woman jumps up and starts yelling, "He's dead!" Luckily a doctor on the bus quickly responded that he had just passed out. Later learned he had passed out as a result of becoming severely dehydrated. Remember to hydrate and slow down.

Checked the weather again today. Still no miracle cold front predicted. In 2014, after either the half or full, I was on the bus back to the AKL. It was a particularly hot weekend. A woman jumps up and starts yelling, "He's dead!" Luckily a doctor on the bus quickly responded that he had just passed out. Later learned he had passed out as a result of becoming severely dehydrated. Remember to hydrate and slow down.
The night after the WDW Marathon in 2015 my family and I were eating at Teppan Edo and seated at a grill with another group, all of whom have just completed Dopey. We had a nice, normal conversation with them, everyone seemed fine and happy with their accomplishment. The man excused himself to go to the bathroom and we heard a *thud* outside our little room there. He had dropped right off. Also, not dead, he came to right away but I guess the moral is that you don't necessarily know you're feeling bad until you're really bad! I think that was a hot one too.

I linked mine yesterday without any issues, though I won't be 100% sure of that until the pictures start rolling in on Thursday.
DH linked mine too, from his app for the iPhone if that helps. No error message but of course no pictures yet.

Remember to hydrate and slow down.

Yes x 1,000! Keep in mind too that hydration doesn't start on race day - when you're traveling, or walking around the parks, the expo, or whatever, always carry a water bottle and constantly sip on it. Might also be a good idea to start taking salt tabs or a daily sports drink to keep your electrolytes up. If all you drink is water for 3-5 days you'll flush all the electrolytes out of your system, and that won't help you on race day.

I fly out to MCO tonight and I am SO excited to light this firecracker! Going to "rope drop" the expo in the morning, then get settled in at my resort (CBR) before maybe trying to hit the parks and get a few rides in in the afternoon/evening.

Best of luck to everyone! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories!

Does anyone know how to get your garmin to stop wigging out??? Mine keeps spinning ā€œsavingā€ and wonā€™t let me turn it off! o_O

Does anyone know how to get your garmin to stop wigging out??? Mine keeps spinning ā€œsavingā€ and wonā€™t let me turn it off! o_O
Not sure if this is the issue, but there is/was a known bug where if you finished an activity (stopped), but never followed through to "save" said activity, it would get stuck at the "saving" screen that you mentioned. You might be able to connect it directly to your computer and download your activity via Express, but not sure. I had that happen to me a few weeks back, but was able to hold the power button to force a shutdown. I "think" my activity was actually still there as the save has actually occured, but I'm not 100% sure.

What model do you have?

Some options to try:

1. Connect the power cord and then try to turn it off.
2. If #1 fails, try to perform a 'soft' reset. Steps to reset it will vary based on model type. You should not lose any data with a soft reset.
3. If #2 fails, try to perform a 'hard' reset to return to factory default settings. Note: you will lose your custom settings and your workout data.

Quick side story: 30 minutes before the start of the NYC marathon, my Garmin would not start. I used a nearby runner's phone to Google the reset sequence and was able to reset it. After the race, I used a Sharpie to write the key sequence on the back of my watch in case it happens again.

If you need assistance on performing the reset, reply back with the model type and I'll try to help!

Ugh! Sorry, but Iā€™m no help. My Garmin 645 hasnā€™t worked right since the last software update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter