Marathon Weekend 2020

Quick Question -- at the aid stations will they have the muscle spray? I have no idea what this is but my daughter asked about it. I guess the LA Marathon has it and she's used it there. If they don't I want to pick some up for her.

SAFD:

As the nonrunner/spectator extraordinaire I predict:

*That I will lose my voice cheering for my daughter, all of you, and all the runners out there this weekend (unless I can sneak my cowbell into my bag - without my daughter finding it)
*I will hold my lame but heartfelt homemade signs up for the half and full but will most likely forget to do so when my kid passes, lol
*I will be super proud of all the runners, the goals the reach, and for getting out there trying it
* I will be the fast one in the family post Dopey continuing until Tuesday afternoon when my kid will have recovered enough to out pace me once again
*That I will be the most proud parent out there as I know what my kid has put into this, I know she's terrified of not finishing the marathon (the accumulation of distance worries her), but I KNOW she's absolutely ready for this and can do it. She's got the ability to run and the mental strength needed to keep going.
*I predict that a runner will offer my daughter the words of encouragement at the moment when she needs it most (happens every time she runs a RunDisney race)
*I predict that if my daughter can find the jello shots she will ask for one, lol (I predict that I will be totally ok with that, lol)

Did my 8 miler weekend run and felt good. I used @DopeyBadger heat acclimation training advice and wore pants extra gloves, and a heavy hoodie. I was warm but hope just every little bit helps with the weekend temps.

I removed my running tights and turtlenecks and repacked the kids too in preparation for the warm weather. We are 99% packed with a Tuesday am departure. That will make Monday much less stressful.

Does anyone know for sure if Sports Beans are the nutrition of choice still?

SAFD:
1. I will be tired
2. I will have fun
3. I will care too much about my time, but still stop for frequent character stops.
4. I will cry sometime in the last few miles thinking about my wife or kids. I will have to think about dinner at Boma to get my mind off of the emotions.

SAFD:
1) I predict the next two days will feel like the slowest days of my life and then Wednesday to Monday will blast past in the blink of an eye!
2) I predict I will consume my weight in Dole Whip.
3) I predict I will be very anxious to attend the meet up at Hurricane Hanna’s.
4) I predict that I will find a way to finish Dopey, it will not be pretty and there will be no PR’s this year! I fear there may be some whimpering, I know there will be swearing, but there will be gratitude and pride.

Just checked in for my flight! So excited to be on my way tomorrow. Now I need to finish packing. Still undecided about how much throwaway clothing to bring.

SAFD: I’ll have an amazing solo trip but miss my kids and DH. I’ll eat too many Mickey bars, too much popcorn and drink way too much coke. I’ll do all the rides my kids hate multiple times. I’ll spend too much money at the expo. I’ll have fun running and not worry about time. I’ll meet up everyone at some point either pre-race or at HH.

Quick Question -- at the aid stations will they have the muscle spray? I have no idea what this is but my daughter asked about it. I guess the LA Marathon has it and she's used it there. If they don't I want to pick some up for her.

They usually have some form of magic spray. If it's important to her, though, I recommend bringing some along from home.

The usually have Biofreeze in gel form at the aid stations. If she isn't familiar with it, tell her to make sure she gets it off her hands after using.

This is the ultimate stupid fueling question...since I usually don't stop during races.But assuming I'm with the GTRRP during the marathon, should I fuel based on miles run, e.g every 4 or so or elapsed time, e.g. every 40 minutes (which would include stops)

@DopeyBadger What say you?
Us old-timers will remember advice given to us by Coach on the Disboards. He often reminded us we are all an experiment of one. Find what works best for you. This applies to the fuel you use and when you take it. I have found that using a combination of Gu Chews, Clif Bloks, and Honey Stinger Chews works best foe me. I start using them at the beginning of the 2nd hour. I eat a couple every 10 minutes. That way I do not end up up with a lump of stuff just sitting in my stomach. For this year, just go with the way you trained.

Download and print your waiver here (https://www.trackshackresults.com/disneysports/waivers/WaivR20WDW/verify.php)...it will have your bib number on it near your name. Then, match your bib number against these below.

743FDC7E-4183-4D7B-84D3-A110A85CFD50-e1576794340762-1024x677.jpeg

013A0980-2390-457F-8880-D541B34C29F3-e1576794408133-1024x664.jpeg

6CABD5F9-6FBA-4D91-BE00-BA0F6066144A-e1576794464923-1024x692.jpeg

D5E0E151-E4FD-487B-8204-43ADD7F225B5-e1576794518222-1024x672.jpeg

SAFD:

1. I will have a great time with my friend
2. It will be hot but I will finish and try my very best to have fun during all the races. I will still pack my cold weather gear just on the tiny hope of a cold front coming through!
3. I will make it to Hollywood Studies on time after the 5k and ride Rise of the Resistance!
4. I will probably think very bad things about the marathon and my life choices from miles 20 to 23 but then choke back tears at the finish line and can't wait to sign up for this weekend again. I'm 3-3 on this one so far three years running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter