Marathon Weekend 2020

Just finished 2 miles on the treadmill in my new shoes. PF is still acting up - I'd put my foot at about....67% or so. I can feel it while running, but it is minimal and doesn't actually hurt - just feels off. Continuing to just do low miles through this week (maybe 2/3/5) to hopefully get some semblance of real training next week.

I'm completely with you on this. 2 weeks is too short for me, 3 weeks just right. Would 4 or 5 be too much? IDK, but I may soon find out.

Good to know someone else feels my pain! I found an article online by Hal Higdon with the same question and he acted like it was no big deal, just run a distance in between last weeks and next weeks long run (about 16/17).

WDWM Year
Mickey Race
Bibs (waivers) Available
Days Apart
Forum Pages
1/12​
12/14 *​
28 *​
714 *​
1/13​
12/17​
26​
593​
1/7​
12/13​
24​
471​
1/8​
12/16​
22​
350​

* projected based on recent trends
Where are the Bibs/waivers??!! 🧐😫
Maybe if you go off of 2017’s 22 days before marathon, maybe tomorrow??

I'll be right there with you as we're headed to Disney for the weekend. Steph sold it to me as heat acclimation training. So I'm scheduled for 3 hrs Sunday morning. Guess I'll prepare myself to get soaked too now.
GAH! I'm sorry - here's hoping it's just a normal rain, nothing horizontal, no lightning, no street/sidewalk flooding and we can congratulate ourselves next week on being badass enough to get it done! And yep, at least it'll be a warm rain, so no hypothermia. Pro tip: WDW's restroom paper towels are REALLY good for drying soaked running shoes. Even better than newspaper. :thumbsup2
GAH!!! Now my Sunday forecast includes thunderstorms. It keeps pushing whatever front this is out in time, so maybe by Sat it'll be clear for the weekend. If not, I guess I'll move my 22-miler to Sat and see what I can suffer through on a treadmill Sunday.

Yep, just checked the forecast and it looks like lightning might be in the cards for Sunday. I'll likely swap my 6 miler (planned for Saturday) and my 16 miler (planned for Sunday) just in case I need to move Sunday's run to the treadmill. Bleh.

I barely want to do ONE mile on the treadmill! :rotfl2:
More weather fun!! I also have my final sim this week -- 3/5/10/20. Here in the northeast we were lucky enough to get an ice storm on Tues/Wed and frigid temps today making running on roads and sidewalks treacherous especially around city streets. I figured I can knock out the 3 and 5 mile runs on the dreadmill yesterday and today - first time on it all year. It seriously felt like the two longest runs on my training plan lol. There is no way I am doing the 10 and 20 tomorrow and Saturday inside. I don't care if I have to wear ice skates, I am going out!!

Can someone repost the start times of each corral from last year? Want to know how much breathing room I have once the actual corrals are released!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter