Marathon Weekend 2020

View attachment 411609

Here is the one exception. I run the Big10K every year. Each runner chooses the shirt of the school they want to represent, and about 99% of the 8,000 wear it for the race. I alternate between Purdue where I went for my first two undergrad years, Northwestern where I went to grad school, and Illinois where my daughter did her undergrad and grad studies.

We run this race what feels like every year. no one in my family went to a big10 school so we switch what school we get every year. So far I have a Michigan (have a friend who played football there), Maryland and Rutgers (chose those because I played in an indoor soccer team who wore red).

Re:upcoming adr window opening. We talked and this time around we are going to wait until the fast pass window opens and then plan after those are set. I am mostly focused on unique quick service stuff or trash we only eat there. Eating at an expensive table service place isn’t a priority since I run one. Now, buffets in the other hand...cape May cafe and the Biergarten are for sure on the agenda. We may do akershus and/or garden grill for pictures with our daughter. And we may go off site in search of stone crab claws. All the stone crab claws please.

For stone crab claws, Johnnie's Hideaway and FishBones are my two favorite places. Hideaway is VERY close to Disney Springs (right next to the non-Disney DS hotels) and does all-you-can-eat claws on Mondays. Fishbones is further away, but worth the trip. It's on Sand Lake past I-4 and I-Drive. They do all-you-can-eat claws every night. Both places are owned by the same group - Johnnie's is more upscale while FishBones is more casual.

Awesome possum, thanks! I think I may have read up on those two places for our canceled trip last year. I think. They sound familiar-ish.

Love that they are doing magic bands for race weekends! Super tempted, but I am also super superstitious - I just know that if I order it, I am going to get injured or something and not be able to run it. Wish they weren't LE and that they would be selling them at the expo!

Is there a way to see or add the runDisney events in MDE?

Sort of. If you go to "Add More Plans" you can add a Note. You put in a date, time, location and description and it adds it to your calendar view. For location I usually select the closest park to the start line for that race.

Love that they are doing magic bands for race weekends! Super tempted, but I am also super superstitious - I just know that if I order it, I am going to get injured or something and not be able to run it. Wish they weren't LE and that they would be selling them at the expo!
I saw the advertisement for these but I can't figure out how to order them, any help?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter