Marathon Weekend 2020

#WhereDreamsComeTrue

IMG_1464.jpg

Decided to go ahead and pull the trigger now. I've signed up for the marathon, my mom is in for the half marathon, and Gigi is in for her first one mile race. Excited to be back for the Disney marathon and excited to give a sub-3 marathon another attempt.

#WhereDreamsComeTrue

View attachment 394967

Decided to go ahead and pull the trigger now. I've signed up for the marathon, my mom is in for the half marathon, and Gigi is in for her first one mile race. Excited to be back for the Disney marathon and excited to give a sub-3 marathon another attempt.
Awesome! I’m really thinking I’ll eventually sign up for the marathon, but I’m not ready to pull the trigger yet.

Awesome! I’m really thinking I’ll eventually sign up for the marathon, but I’m not ready to pull the trigger yet.

Will be great to see you again!

I was going to wait until Sept/Oct. Always had the intention of possibly cancelling the trip if another injury cropped up or something. But Steph said we're going regardless of how my training goes, so might as well sign up now and be committed. Now comes the fun part, the training!

Will be great to see you again!

I was going to wait until Sept/Oct. Always had the intention of possibly cancelling the trip if another injury cropped up or something. But Steph said we're going regardless of how my training goes, so might as well sign up now and be committed. Now comes the fun part, the training!
Yes! We’d definitely have to try to do a meetup!

DH here: I can remember when I hoped the lap counter on the treadmill for the virtual 5k loop would go from 0 to 1 and I'd keep running. I'm in for my first ever marathon, as part of Goofy and the Castaway Cay Challenge.

DW is returning to WDW for her "revenge": she's in for the half and the Castaway Cay Challenge.

DW was told no more running several months ago by her sports medicine MD. Recently, he "motivated" her to seek the ortho consult he recommended last fall. The ortho, upon hearing she WAS running without pain or swelling, and after x-rays, exam, and confirmation of cross-training, has CLEARED HER TO RUN!

Belated DW March miles: just over 30.

Now paging @DopeyBadger to the white courtesy phone...

My sister decided the 10K was a good substitution for my nephew and got him signed up before it sold out. We are all confident he can do that distance, but think it is a little too much for my niece right now. If some 5K spots open up later in the year we will try to get them registered but we are over the disappointment; even if we're all still a little shocked it went so fast.

So has race retreat gone away?

Someone on FB emailed RD last week and they replied(!) it would be added later.
Makes me wonder about the "early expo entry" aspect since that became a big deal last year and they were almost forced to add it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter