Marathon Weekend 2020

It appears to be a glitch that has been publicly reported by several people, thereby causing some races (5K and 10K) to sell out very quickly during early registration before some legitimate AP/DVC folks could sign up. I suppose good for you and bad for them, although I'm old school and believe just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I'm also an AP who chose not to mention it on these boards for a few days (and until others had posted it) to give the AP/DVC folks time to register during their "private" window.

Didn't see it posted publicly. Was trying to show my non-runDisney friend how registration worked so she would be ready for Tuesday and it popped up. Sorry to be part of the problem!

Also, I need to add that by no means am I NOT old school and I do believe that rules are rules. Goodness.

Does anyone remember how long it took for the half to sell out last year? Contemplating half vs. Dopey.

I believe the half did not sell out last year. I know that less than a week before the race I was trying to convince my friend to sign up for the half and come down to Florida with me. (It didn't work)

... but last year was a very down year in terms of participation. I wouldn't necessarily expect the same this year.

I don't remember anything selling out last year. Maybe the 5k, but I don't even think that did.

I flew down on Thursday and I told my mom (Disney travel partner) that if the 10k was discounted at the expo, I would sign up to run it in addition to the half. It wasn't discounted, but it was still open. :P

Didn't see it posted publicly. Was trying to show my non-runDisney friend how registration worked so she would be ready for Tuesday and it popped up. Sorry to be part of the problem!

Also, I need to add that by no means am I NOT old school and I do believe that rules are rules. Goodness.

I don’t see any reason for you to apologize. It’s not your mistake and you didn’t do anything nefarious. Congrats on getting signed up.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

I'm guessing the madness of registration will derail things a little bit, but that's cool, we'll forge ahead with Sundays are Disney anyway. For this week's SAFD, I want to know what is your favorite in park music? This could be anything from background music in a particular land, a song played during a ride, the soundtrack to a show or anything in between. The only rule is it can't be a random song (Disney or otherwise) that you heard, say, during a race. I loved hearing Born to Run at the end of the 10K, but it's clearly not Disney parks music. Past or present parks music is allowed.

I feel like Disney parks do music really well and it helps create a sense of place, especially in terms of background music. My favorite example of this is the version of "Married Life" (from "Up") that plays in the hub. Whenever/wherever I hear that, I feel like I'm back in the Magic Kingdom.

My favorite in-ride music is "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" and my all time favorite show soundtrack is the one-two punch of "Celebrate the Magic" and "Wishes!"

Have a great week, everyone.

SAFD: Celebrate you by Corbin Bleu
It played during one of these Shake Up parade on our first visit as a family (the youngest being 1.5 yo) and we used it in our photo-video montage. So these images come to mind when I hear that song, only when I shuffle my library, really.
Also, the first notes of When You Wish Upon a Star bring me back to our only Disney Cruise because it was the ship’s horn.

ETA: And yes, registration is driving me nuts. I had to ask permission to work from home that day and I have nightmares about it.

SAFD: The in park music has more of an ethereal effect on me. There aren’t any specific places in parks or specific songs I really remember, although I know in the moment I hear versions of my favorites and register them.

One that isn’t necessarily a favorite in everyday life that I love hearing is “You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!” For whatever reason that song always catches my ear in the parks.

In general, it’s like a movie soundtrack. I don’t necessarily notice it all that much, but it adds undeniable ambience to the whole experience.

SAFD: Celebrate you by Corbin Bleu
It played during one of these Shake Up parade on our first visit as a family (the youngest being 1.5 yo) and we used it in our photo-video montage. So these images come to mind when I hear that song, only when I shuffle my library, really.

Love this one! A number of years ago DL would have it playing during rope drop. It’s one of the first songs I added to my running playlist when I registered for my first Tink half.

SAFD: I love the music they play on Main Street and around the hub. Wells Fargo Wagon is my favorite of these but they all give me the Disney feels.

Last edited:
SAFD:
Epoct Future World
This might sound crazy but when you are heading back POR and they play the bayou music on the bus. And let’s be real all the music the play on the buses heading to the parks (you know when you hit certain spot and the music starts and you know you are getting closer)

Quick question for those of you who participate in SAFD: does anyone take these questions “offline” and pose them to your kids, spouses, partners, etc.?

Just curious since this weekly tradition started with my kids and moved online to the Disboards. I still ask my family some of the SAFD questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter