Marathon Weekend 2020

I have a feeling I may end up doing Dopey again.

- It's an anniversary year for Goofy, so I'm going to want that Goofy medal
- The 10K course is one I love and have a blast doing so I'm going to want to do that
- Why would I do the 10k, half and full and skip out on the 5k?

giphy.gif

- The 10K course is one I love and have a blast doing so I'm going to want to do that

giphy.gif
The sucker club meets every Wednesday night at 7PM. ;)

I’m really interested to see how or if they change up themes.

The sucker club meets every Wednesday night at 7PM. ;)

I’m really interested to see how or if they change up themes.

Selfishly, I don't care if they change the themes for the 5k and 10k since I don't do those. But if they try to take away Mickey for the full, I will be so angry. <-Understatement. I think it's probably safe to say that I won't be the only one.

giphy.gif
Same! A friend of mine from college told me she wanted to do the half so I figured I’d do Goofy then she say she she thinks she’s wants to do the 5k also so now I’m like “Well Dopey it it is then...”

I love getting them, it's a nice touch. Even a week after the half I wore them in the park and it was fun to have people ask about the race(s).
I’m clueless....what ears?

Interested to see the 10k medal! Pretty sure I’ll do the 10k and full. Thought it would be neat to have a Minnie and a Mickey medal. But honestly I’m sure I’ll just be thrilled to finish a full! Medal wont matter much at that point.

It does seem odd that the Half and Full descriptions specifically mention Donald and Mickey, but there's no mention of Minnie in the 10K description. I'll be pretty unimpressed if they switch the 10K theme from Minnie Mouse after switching the 5K off of Pluto. I'm willing to grant them that the 5K started as (and largely continues as) a Family Fun Run and that Pluto was adopted over time as a somewhat ex post facto mascot. The 10K, on the other hand, has been run 6 times, was established with Minnie as the race host/mascot, and has absolutely no reason to deviate from that pattern. The 5K and 10K have no trouble selling out their allotted entries, so there's not even a "we need to drum up interest" motive.

My dad said that a cast member told him that there was a good chance that the 10k wasn't going to be Minnie in 2020 so I guess that cast member might be right.

Because...I love signing up for races only to have the theme changed and announced later...

They seem to be moving in the direction of their virtual race series. Just theme the next race to whatever they want to promote at the time.

Because...I love signing up for races only to have the theme changed and announced later...

They seem to be moving in the direction of their virtual race series. Just them the next race to whatever they want to promote at the time.
And without Disneyland they have less races to have more themes. Disneyland Half weekend always seemed to have a change in theme whereas most WDW have stayed the same or similar over time.

My dad said that a cast member told him that there was a good chance that the 10k wasn't going to be Minnie in 2020 so I guess that cast member might be right.

I won’t be surprised if they change the theme. Just baffled by the logic. They have never had an issue selling out the 5k and 10k slots allotted to those individual races and I can’t imagine anyone is dense enough to think “you know why Dopey had slow sales? Probably the Minnie Mouse theming on the 10k.”

They made a pretty big deal when the 10k started that it was Minnie’s race. Like, it was the primary selling point. It has never failed to fill capacity (outside of possible reallocated Dopey spots) so there’s realistically no reason for them to do this other than boredom. I’ll admit, I’m a little obsessive about things being complete and changes being rational rather than random, so this probably bothers me more than most. Particularly in light of the fact that there are so many improvements and actual issues on which rD could be focusing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter