• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

Good luck to all you 5K'ers tomorrow! I had a smooth trip in from Canada and am busying myself with rides and the family getting ready for my first ever full marathon on Sunday. Off to the expo tomorrow and hoping for a smoother day than today.

Is anyone else going through hand sanitizer by the bottle this week? I'm ultra paranoid about getting sick before the race, especially as a health care worker knowing how many viruses are going around these days....

Sorry to hear about all of the expo madness today!

Good luck and have fun during the 5K tomorrow to all running!

Cannot wait to get down there on Friday morning. I might die of jealousy in the meantime. @Keels - you're making me want to bail on my AK FPs and come to the HH meet up instead. :ssst:

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!!

I’m also trying to stay up until I have to leave for the 5K ... let’s see how this works.

Is anyone else going through hand sanitizer by the bottle this week? I'm ultra paranoid about getting sick before the race, especially as a health care worker knowing how many viruses are going around these days....

I've been a heavy user of hand sanitizers since I got an awful cold after running a cold and rainy race at the end of January last year.The cold basically lasted all of February,it was horrible,the positive was I bought one of those Disney hand sanitizer key chains which I use constantly and it basically helped me avoid getting sick from March through Dec.21st.So about 10 months of not getting sick but the problem is the cold I got around Dec 21st still hasn't gone away,Its at a point where my body fee!s much better than the first 4-5 days but cough and congestion are still lingering.Three days left to get better for the full for it to go away,I've done a half or two with a cold but have always been 100% for my 7 fulls.With this cold weather and the cold I'm glad I didn't sign up for Dopey which I was considering running.As I write this I would be stressing about falling asleep,still being sick and getting up at 3am in 30 degree temps,thankfully I can sleep and get better.

I don't know how any of the other runners traveling out on Thursday to Saturday feel, but after the anxiety of trying to predict for days what Grayson would do, scrambling to rebook to an earlier flight and the sacrifices to get down in time for the race, I don't care if I get swept on Sunday that medal's going up on a wall!

Wishing everyone safe journeys!

And good luck to all the 5k'ers today!

So even though I’m not running I braved the expo today. It was one big disorganized mess. The line cutting, pushing, shoving and all out rudeness of other shoppers was ridiculous. I thought PHM was bonkers, but today was awful. I might have lost while waiting to have KT tape put on. I was next in line when a group of 6 people shoved past me to grab the open seat! I didn’t even bother getting in the RD merchandise line.
The line cutting was rediculously particularly in the official merch line. We got in that line shortly after the expo opened people kept trying to skip the line and jump in behind us. One lady said “ oh no I’m not in line I just want to stand here, I’m not running” we were under the tent about to go into the building at that point and the line stretched out to the porta potties at that point. When we walked inside she snuck in with us until I called security. As we were walking in to the building we had a large group try and join our party as we crossed the walkway.

This seems like the worst expo setup that I can remember, but I wasn’t here on Weds last year.

3.5 hours until the WDW Marathon Weekend 5K!

Have a great race everyone! :: can't believe its here! ::

We just realized my sister didn’t get perfect bibs for Dopey. She misentered her birthdate by a day the second year of the challenge and that is the only thing we can think of that may have gone wrong. May have to brave customer service later today to see if anything can be done. I realize there aren’t really extras for being perfect, but it’s still a bummer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter