Marathon Weekend 2018

Where is everyone eating after the marathon?

Right now I have an Ohana reservation at 4 and a BOG reservation at 7:30.

I'm thinking of switching to an earlier lunch time - Whispering Canyon and Liberty Tree are both available around 1 and 2.

That way I can eat and then not have to leave/interrupt park time. Ohana - love but it's expensive and my mom doesn't really eat enough to justify the cost and the all you can eat factor. I really want to do BOG dinner, but then we would miss the new fireworks display - and that's our only planned MK night, though we could probably see them on Friday and skip Fantasmic.

We have a 6:20 reservation at Beaches & Cream. I would have preferred earlier but with B&C you take what you can get! We will probably snack around Disney Springs after the marathon as we aren't doing parks and are staying at Saratoga Springs.

I know a lot of people don't care for Whispering Canyon but we love it! We are eating there after the 5k. :)

I'm thinking of switching to an earlier lunch time - Whispering Canyon and Liberty Tree are both available around 1 and 2.

That way I can eat and then not have to leave/interrupt park time. Ohana - love but it's expensive and my mom doesn't really eat enough to justify the cost and the all you can eat factor. I really want to do BOG dinner, but then we would miss the new fireworks display - and that's our only planned MK night, though we could probably see them on Friday and skip Fantasmic.

We're passing on our traditional post marathon fireworks in MK to eat at Hoop Dee Doo. Plan on eating/drinking back all my burned calories in mac and cheese and sangria!

If Sunday will be your only chance to see HEA, work your plans around that. The new show can't be missed IMO (and this is coming from a huuuuge Wishes fan.)

Random question for yall. If money was not a factor, what resort would you stay at for marathon weekend? What resort would be the easiest for one parent to get two small children to the finish line area at Epcot? Boardwalk or the Contemporary, or somewhere else?

We’ve got a 1:40 at Beaches and Cream (and are staying at Beach Club). Just hoping I’ll be hungry by then as sometimes really long runs/marathons mess with my appetite. Planning to head to MK afterwards for medal pics (and fireworks if I can stay awake that long), so we’ll just graze there as needed.

Random question for yall. If money was not a factor, what resort would you stay at for marathon weekend? What resort would be the easiest for one parent to get two small children to the finish line area at Epcot? Boardwalk or the Contemporary, or somewhere else?

For me, it would be the Contemporary or another monorail resort. I feel that would be the easiest to deal with.

A Boardwalk area resort would be okay, but I feel it would be super congested trying to get to Epcot with all of the runners on the same path (assuming you mean walking to the finish).

I didn't make any reservations for food after the marathon. It's the first marathon for me and my running friend and I'm not sure how we'll feel afterwards so didn't want to be tied to something. The plan is we'll go to Epcot and just graze around the world. That will also help ensure that we keep moving after the race to hopefully help with recovery. If we're super sore, my husband may be tasked with going ahead and getting food for us while we hobble our way to the next country :)

Beaches and Cream for me. Seems to be @ popular choice. 11:30 reservation so won’t be any post race napping. :)

My 2 preferences would be the Poly or the Yacht Club. Although any of the monorail resorts or Epcot resorts would work. My reason being you would not have to fold up the stroller or strollers and try keeping an eye on the little ones while doing so. Though Epcot's resorts would be a no go if you don't have park tickets to walk thru.

This is almost exactly my situation. I was pretty bummed since I submitted my fastest-to-date POT for this weekend and was hoping to move up in the corrals this year. Anyhow, my initial plan was to line up in the back of my corral to keep from going out too fast, but now I don't know due to the sheer size. Do you have a strategy?
I think my strategy is to be at the front of the corral. I normally like to get into the corral at the last minute but I don't think that's going to work this time. Are you in G too?

Epcot area. I loved staying at the beach club for marathon weekend.

Beaches and Cream for me. Seems to be @ popular choice. 11:30 reservation so won’t be any post race napping. :)

You must be speedy! I would never be able to run, get back to resort, shower, and make it to Beaches and Cream by 11:30 (even if I was staying nearby!).

My post race treats? Erin McKenna bakery for sweets, Via Napoli for pizza! (I tried getting ressies for B&C... for anytime during our trip and its a no-go).

Best race spectating resort? The Poly seems well suited. a) the race runs right past it b) easy monorails to MK & Epcot :: shrug ::

New weather model runs are showing pretty brisk mornings between the 5th and the 7th with low temps projected to range from the lower 30's to lower 40's. Two separate model runs below. Also, if you will be traveling from the mid-atlantic to Orlando earlier in the week, there's a hint of a major coastal snowstorm between the 4th and 5th. Just a heads up. That would not be good for people in DC, Baltimore, Philly, and NYC. I'll keep an eye on that and post some updates in the next day or so.1.7 Temps.jpg

1.7 Temps - GFS.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-28_12-45-35.png
    upload_2017-12-28_12-45-35.png
    735 KB · Views: 3
I'll go ahead and fill this out DopeyBadger, but please don't worry about updating your list.
I should have done this before. Not a problem, just feel like putting it on paper.

Marathon Weekend DIS List FORM
Race - Full
Name (optional) - Troy
DIS Name - Grumpy_42K
Costume - As little as possible, weather looks great!
Corral - E-Ticket
Planning to attend the Pre-race Meetup? - No Pre, I dawdle. Post: Monday DATW is possible but I would join later than 11 for sure, maybe Mexico.
Front, Middle, or Back of the corral - Starting at the very back of E for an easy ride.
Expected Pace - 10:30-ish

I went to Savers yesterday to buy throwaway sweats for Marathon Weekend. Between the four of us running the half and me running the full, it's five sets of sweats, which takes up more space than I thought. We're going to need a bigger boat.

Roll- or vacuum seal bags! Vacuum seal would work for getting them down...especially if they are throwaways! I have the roll space saver bags for all of my stuff when I fly! I separate each outfit into a Ziploc, then put the ziplocs in the roll bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter