Marathon Weekend 2017!

I tried a few times and keep getting bad request messages. Anyone else having this problem?

The page won't go live until right before registration. So it's going to be like that for a few hours.

ChEAR squad packages don't sell out...do they?

No. That and Race Retreat don't usually sell out and they usually are selling at the expo.

So excited , planning on trying to do the early registration for dvc members , but i have never done it before does anyone know , the will the link be on the dvc site on member benefits?? or do i need to look in another place , also is calling dvc an option as well??
And this whole goofy confusion i hope they get it sorted soon , because i am doing to 10k and the half anyways so want to make sure i sign up for the best one , if I can do goofy and get anther medal i'm all over that!

So excited , planning on trying to do the early registration for dvc members , but i have never done it before does anyone know , the will the link be on the dvc site on member benefits?? or do i need to look in another place , also is calling dvc an option as well??
And this whole goofy confusion i hope they get it sorted soon , because i am doing to 10k and the half anyways so want to make sure i sign up for the best one , if I can do goofy and get anther medal i'm all over that!
I know this doesn't mean it is sorted out, but -
Just based on pricing, $75 is a lot extra to pay for a challenge if it was the 10k and half (for one extra medal and shirt). Whereas the Dopey is only $25 extra for 2 additional medals and shirts.

I know this doesn't mean it is sorted out, but -
Just based on pricing, $75 is a lot extra to pay for a challenge if it was the 10k and half (for one extra medal and shirt). Whereas the Dopey is only $25 extra for 2 additional medals and shirts.

I thought this too! So, you folks are making me seriously think of doing Goofy--was just going to do the half. Arrrrggggghhh!!

I thought this too! So, you folks are making me seriously think of doing Goofy--was just going to do the half. Arrrrggggghhh!!

You know you want to. Mwahahahahahaha!!!!

Good luck to those of you eligible for early registration today. I'll be checking in to see how all of you do!!! Can't wait for next week to register myself and DH.

You know you want to. Mwahahahahahaha!!!!

Good luck to those of you eligible for early registration today. I'll be checking in to see how all of you do!!! Can't wait for next week to register myself and DH.

Enabler!!
But seriously, I've never done a full before...kinda freaks me out! And I would be running alone, a lotta head games go on when I do a half, so how do ya'll deal with that?

Oh yeah, good luck to the early registration guys!

Enabler!!
But seriously, I've never done a full before...kinda freaks me out! And I would be running alone, a lotta head games go on when I do a half, so how do ya'll deal with that?

You won't be alone. There will be 25,000 people running along with you. All you need to do is strike up a conversation with those around you. Runners are usually a pretty social and talkative bunch, especially at Disney races.

Enabler!!

Well, I don't run alone much so I'm not much help with that. But, I totally agree with @FFigawi , it's impossible to feel alone during that race. Even though I run with DH, we often talk to others that we are running alongside. It's some of what I love about the Disney marathon. All Disney races are fun, but the marathon is something special, I think.

Enabler!!

You won't be alone. There will be 25,000 people running along with you. All you need to do is strike up a conversation with those around you. Runners are usually a pretty social and talkative bunch, especially at Disney races.

THIS!! I found some folks that seemed to be run/walking at exactly my pace... Slow.. It took me a mile to fall in with them and strike up a conversation, but I then spent the next 25 miles with them.. We finished together, hands held and in the air.. It... Was.. Amazing...

True! I did princess alone and was so overwhelmed that I didn't talk to too many around me--I think I need to make friends if I decide to do Goofy! Thanks @FFigawi, but I know that you are an enabler too!! I remember you talking @ Keels into the Dopey! But I always appreciate your advice and expertise, and your encouragement!

THIS!! I found some folks that seemed to be run/walking at exactly my pace... Slow.. It took me a mile to fall in with them and strike up a conversation, but I then spent the next 25 miles with them.. We finished together, hands held and in the air.. It... Was.. Amazing...

Wow, what a great story! So are you running Goofy or the full?

Enabler!!

As others have mentioned, there are 25,000 others out there with you, it is virtually impossible to feel alone. I've run each of my marathons alone and I'm an introvert so I am not good at making friends on the course. The mind games are tough for me, but I don't believe my ability to overcome them is an ability unique to myself. There are always other people around you and whether you strike up a conversation or share an unspoken bond it makes the journey a lot easier.

Yes! This will be me! My DW, DSI and DBI will all be running (they are the runners in the family) whereas I will be run / walking (more walking than running if my knee doesn't improve).

So, yes, if you are on the course for any of the Dopey or non-Dopey runs on the weekend and you see an older dude in a Notre Dame ball cap wearing a Notre Dame dry fit of some type (I have several) feel free to strike up a conversation.....I'll be glad for the company and mutual support. I told my wife once she and DSI & DBI cross the finish line, get their medals, etc. that they should go to Perkins for breakfast then come back to the finish line where I will show up at some point.:crutches::teleport::yay:

True! I did princess alone and was so overwhelmed that I didn't talk to too many around me--I think I need to make friends if I decide to do Goofy! Thanks @FFigawi, but I know that you are an enabler too!! I remember you talking @ Keels into the Dopey! But I always appreciate your advice and expertise, and your encouragement!

Eh, I've been called worse ;)

Yes! This will be me! My DW, DSI and DBI will all be running (they are the runners in the family) whereas I will be run / walking (more walking than running if my knee doesn't improve).

So, yes, if you are on the course for any of the Dopey or non-Dopey runs on the weekend and you see an older dude in a Notre Dame ball cap wearing a Notre Dame dry fit of some type (I have several) feel free to strike up a conversation.....I'll be glad for the company and mutual support. I told my wife once she and DSI & DBI cross the finish line, get their medals, etc. that they should go to Perkins for breakfast then come back to the finish line where I will show up at some point.:crutches::teleport::yay:

Well, I will be looking for you!

Eh, I've been called worse ;)

:rotfl2:

Oh, I didnt mention that was my first full marathon, and I also completed the Dopey Challenge :D Which I will be signing up for again..

That's awesome!

The link will be accessible via the DVC website; "My DVC Membership" >> "Member Benefits and More" >>> It will load everything and last I checked the RunDisney Registration link is about 25 down. Good luck!

Or type rundisney into the search window at the top of the dvcmember page :D

got it all loaded up on dvc member site and there is no link yet , hopefully it will pop up when the time is right :) thank you all !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter