• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2017!

But yeah, fun is the key. I think Miles 23-25 were my favorites during the Marathon. My husband and friends were right outside Boardwalk before the Swan & Dolphin bridge with a cold beer and a soccer chant for me. And then I saw John outside Yacht Club (and threatened to kill him, but it was all in love), and then Beth got us a Grand Marnier slush to drink on our way to Mile 25.

I think my Mom is planning to be outside the Beach Club with the cooler this time around, so everybody just look for the tiny blonde lady with the Yeti cooler!

The first year I ran the marathon, the last 6 miles were a death march, but the second and third years those miles starting at DHS, Boardwalk and Epcot are the absolute best!! I mean, I'm dog tired at that point, but the course itself and all the people and just knowing you are almost done made me practically giddy.

...but most of us are!

#IRunForBooze

On a different note, to put on everyone's radar - I rented a pontoon for an Illuminations cruise this year after the Marathon on Sunday night and it was amazing.

I'm planning to rent another boat for Sunday night, but am willing to rent a couple if there is enough interest in it!

The boats are stocked with waters, sodas and snacks but we can order extra things. It's $35/pp and I'll cover tip for the driver(s).

Can't beat this view:
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Is the view from the International Gateway area (i.e. is the bridge directly behind you)?

Yup!

You "dock" forward under the bridge. Of the eight boats that night, we were tha last to arrive, so we were to the left ... but I've watched Illuminations from a million spots and this has definitely been my favorite.

#IRunForBooze

On a different note, to put on everyone's radar - I rented a pontoon for an Illuminations cruise this year after the Marathon on Sunday night and it was amazing.

I'm planning to rent another boat for Sunday night, but am willing to rent a couple if there is enough interest in it!

The boats are stocked with waters, sodas and snacks but we can order extra things. It's $35/pp and I'll cover tip for the driver(s).

Can't beat this view:
View attachment 172710 View attachment 172711

This looks awesome! I wish I could get my group on board. It's challenging to plan things lol

ETA: I also run for booze!

I'm slow - AK was open and EE running by the time I got there. I had the beginnings of a migraine at that point and decided riding EE wasn't likely to make it better, so I skipped it.

I was able to book DVC SS this morning!! I had a panic attack when I decided to do Dopey so late in the game and realized there was nothing available. Eek! I was going to try tomorrow but realized I can book today and just cancel the first day. I'm so glad I didn't wait!! :flower1:

ok since we are talking booze at the marathon I will try my question again .. :) What time do the booze spots open during the marathon.. 11:00 am like a normal day?

ok since we are talking booze at the marathon I will try my question again .. :) What time do the booze spots open during the marathon.. 11:00 am like a normal day?

I would assume yes for anything inside of Epcot. Which kind of sucks.

Any idea when the Weekend in 2018 would be announced (the first or second weekend). I looked at the years from 2013 to 2017 and it looks like usually the second weekend, but sometimes the first weekend if NYE was early in the week...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter