Marathon Weekend 2016

Loved your recap, Keels! Running can be such a roller coaster at times. (And I love roller coasters!) Good luck over the next 2 days!

Hi. For those who ran the 10k this morning...did anyone's time chip not work properly? Does anyone know who we can contact to correct our finish time?

Hi. For those who ran the 10k this morning...did anyone's time chip not work properly? Does anyone know who we can contact to correct our finish time?

I believe you contact track shack.

How was it wrong? Just from your watch wrong or something crazy off? My watch time is always off to my chip time.

Did you happen to have a Mylar blanket around you when you crossed the starting line? I know they have caused issues in the past with the chips

Any tips for first time spectators for the marathon? We are for sure going to be at board walk, but we do not know what to do before that point.

I believe you contact track shack.

How was it wrong? Just from your watch wrong or something crazy off? My watch time is always off to my chip time.
It was crazy off. It says my 5k split was 1:10 and my finish time was 1:50. My watch says I finished in 1:19

Did you happen to have a Mylar blanket around you when you crossed the starting line? I know they have caused issues in the past with the chips
No, I didn't have a Myler blanket. I sent track shack an email. Hope they can fix it.

Take world drive in from the south (i4/192) is the easiest by far.. You'll never make it to the ttc everything north of the Epcot turnoff on world drive closes by 345/4. I've found any roads that are not world drive get crazy with all the diverted traffic

I'm aiming to be at the compound by 400/415 and never had travel issues (coming in from Davenport)

I'm staying off site at Westgate Resorts...about 6 miles from Disney. I drove to Epcot today just to see the route and it took maybe 12-15mins door to door using World Drive. How crazy will the traffic be on Sunday AM? I'm being dropped off and wondering what time I should leave. I was thinking 3AM? 3:30? Does everyone need to be set in their corral before 0530 regardless if the corral you're in won't move for 30-45mins? Thanks!

How and where do we pick up our Commemorative Pin's that we ordered when registering?

Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who finished the soggy 10k this morning, it was wet but my wife had fun and managed to get two character stops in (tweedle Dee and tweedle dumb and darkwing duck and launchpad)

Quick logistics question for experienced people how does my wife go about getting to the monorail from the start area so she can get to TTC?

How and where do we pick up our Commemorative Pin's that we ordered when registering?

Thanks!
In past years they have been in the same building as bib pick-up.
Congrats to everyone who finished the soggy 10k this morning, it was wet but my wife had fun and managed to get two character stops in (tweedle Dee and tweedle dumb and darkwing duck and launchpad)

Quick logistics question for experienced people how does my wife go about getting to the monorail from the start area so she can get to TTC?
When you walk to the corrals, she'll turn around and walk the opposite direction to the front entrance of Epcot to get the monorail. There will be lots of volunteers to point her in the right direction. :)

In past years they have been in the same building as bib pick-up.

When you walk to the corrals, she'll turn around and walk the opposite direction to the front entrance of Epcot to get the monorail. There will be lots of volunteers to point her in the right direction. :)

Thanks I figured it would be pretty easy but didn't notice this morning

Thanks!

You pick them up with your bib(s). When you sign that you have received your bib there is a spot on the line showing how many pins you ordered for that race and you initial that you received them. It would be very difficult to avoid picking them up.

I'm staying off site at Westgate Resorts...about 6 miles from Disney. I drove to Epcot today just to see the route and it took maybe 12-15mins door to door using World Drive. How crazy will the traffic be on Sunday AM? I'm being dropped off and wondering what time I should leave. I was thinking 3AM? 3:30? Does everyone need to be set in their corral before 0530 regardless if the corral you're in won't move for 30-45mins? Thanks!

We are 15-20 minutes away and plan to leave our hotel at 3am. Goal is to be at the Epcot parking entrance no later than 3:30.

book says to plan for 20-Minute walk to corral. I don't see it mentioned where I can find it easily, but I believe it is expected that all runners be in their corrals by the start time.

We are 15-20 minutes away and plan to leave our hotel at 3am. Goal is to be at the Epcot parking entrance no later than 3:30.

book says to plan for 20-Minute walk to corral. I don't see it mentioned where I can find it easily, but I believe it is expected that all runners be in their corrals by the start time.

FYI, somewhere on this thread someone mentioned that last year volunteers were closing off corrals before the race start time & directing people to start in the last corral. I'd plan to be in your corral by 5am to be safe.

FYI, somewhere on this thread someone mentioned that last year volunteers were closing off corrals before the race start time & directing people to start in the last corral. I'd plan to be in your corral by 5am to be safe.

That wasn't for all the corrals. We didn't leave bag check until 5am last year and had no problem at all getting into our corral. That said, the written instructions do say that you should be there at 5, I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter