Marathon Weekend 2016

Just for fun (or horror!) I did a rough estimate of the race fees DW and I have shelled out to runDisney since we started in 2007:
2 x Minnie 15K's
8 x Princess's (3 x GSC's)
1 x W & D Relay
2 x Dark Side Challenges (already paid)
1 x Chip and Dale Marathon Relay
2 x Marathon Weekend 10K's
8 x 1/2's
8 x Goofy's
4 x Dopey's

Grand Total = $ 8370*

*Excludes Active fees, and a couple of DVC discounts.

Race totals reflect only the longest of the challenges (Goofy's don't count if part of a Dopey, etc.)

Yikes!!!!

Just for fun (or horror!) I did a rough estimate of the race fees DW and I have shelled out to runDisney since we started in 2007:
2 x Minnie 15K's
8 x Princess's (3 x GSC's)
1 x W & D Relay
2 x Dark Side Challenges (already paid)
1 x Chip and Dale Marathon Relay
2 x Marathon Weekend 10K's
8 x 1/2's
8 x Goofy's
4 x Dopey's

Grand Total = $ 8370*

*Excludes Active fees, and a couple of DVC discounts.

Race totals reflect only the longest of the challenges (Goofy's don't count if part of a Dopey, etc.)

Yikes!!!!
Why oh why would you want to know this??? Lots of good times and great memories though!

Double-edged sword of having a doctor for a best friend:

The Good: She's not afraid of a challenge and will sign up to run the Half with you RIGHT before TA registration closes.
The Bad: She'll look at your calf after you've explained the pain you've been having, see bruising you haven't even noticed and say "yeah, that's going to be a micro tear in your calf. You need ice and to lay off for a few days."

#WompWomp

Oh no! Your training has been on target since I have been on this thread. Just think of it as starting your taper a few days early.

The Good: She's not afraid of a challenge and will sign up to run the Half with you RIGHT before TA registration closes.
The Bad: She'll look at your calf after you've explained the pain you've been having, see bruising you haven't even noticed and say "yeah, that's going to be a micro tear in your calf. You need ice and to lay off for a few days."

#WompWomp
Here's to healing up fast! At least you got your training up in mileage and some time off now won't hurt you.

Basically we all need to live in bubbles till race time! No joke! For this years marathon I got the flu right before (that sucks to run with by the way) and this year have piriformis glute muscle syndrome which has killed training! I'm really counting on that Disney magic to get me through again! Stay healthy and recover everyone! I Leave in 3 weeks, eeek!

#WompWomp

UGH! Sorry to hear this but I'm glad it seems fixable. Take it easy so you can get back out there. I know injuries now just stink!

I am going to try my regular weekday route tomorrow (about 5 miles) and if my hip is still not right I will break down and go see my doctor. I feel like I've been there so much in the past year and a half that I'm almost embarrassed to go in for something else but this marathon takes priority over my pride. ;)

Glad its only a short term issue. Hope you are back at it soon.

#sadface
Why does it happens when our goal is right around the corner, right? :charac2:
I'm having this stupid pain in my left knee for over a week. Went to my auntie clinic yesterday and found out I have the patellar tendon shortened... Good bye squat and cross training!

#WompWomp²

But gladly she thinks I'll be fine for the half!

Oh no! Your training has been on target since I have been on this thread. Just think of it as starting your taper a few days early.

Here's to healing up fast! At least you got your training up in mileage and some time off now won't hurt you.

Basically we all need to live in bubbles till race time! No joke! For this years marathon I got the flu right before (that sucks to run with by the way) and this year have piriformis glute muscle syndrome which has killed training! I'm really counting on that Disney magic to get me through again! Stay healthy and recover everyone! I Leave in 3 weeks, eeek!

Thanks y'all - if S isn't tremendously worried about it, I'm not worried about it. I was worried it was a stress fracture, but thought it was a little high on my leg and in a weird spot for that.

She said if I absolutely needed to run, I could - just amp up the compression and go major all-the-time ice post-run - and keep it to low mileage today and tomorrow and then no more than 6-8 miles on Thursday, mixed in with alternating heat and ice post-run after that. I'm going to hold off and maybe do some low-mileage this weekend and will just keep the ice and compression going and then I'll hit another log run after we travel to Florida next week.

My biggest concern? Packing! We're leaving for Florida either Sunday or Monday ... so, I guess I'll just pack up all my running stuff for all climates and piece things together closer to race weekend. I can always buy something in Orlando if I really need it.

#sadface
I'm having this stupid pain in my left knee for over a week. Went to my auntie clinic yesterday and found out I have the patellar tendon shortened... Good bye squat and cross training!

#WompWomp²

Another UGH! Glad to see you will be ok in time too.

UGH! Sorry to hear this but I'm glad it seems fixable. Take it easy so you can get back out there. I know injuries now just stink!

I am going to try my regular weekday route tomorrow (about 5 miles) and if my hip is still not right I will break down and go see my doctor. I feel like I've been there so much in the past year and a half that I'm almost embarrassed to go in for something else but this marathon takes priority over my pride. ;)

UGH. I know the feeling. She met me for HH yesterday and asked how my long run went and I was all "it was fine, but I'm getting tired of this nagging calf pain that just won't go away."

She yelled at me to take my sock off and then yelled at me more for not telling her because she could see the bruising without me even standing up.

Whoops.

Alright everyone, attached is a new version of the Marathon Weekend Dis'ers listing. Some new people were added (welcome) and some people changed their information. If you have any questions/comments or don't see your name and want to be included let me know. Just think, it's almost here! :D

Attachments

• Marathon Weekend Dis'ers 2015_12_15.pdf
    287.9 KB · Views: 51
Alright everyone, attached is a new version of the Marathon Weekend Dis'ers listing. Some new people were added (welcome) and some people changed their information. If you have any questions/comments or don't see your name and want to be included let me know. Just think, it's almost here! :D
Thanks again!

I can't wait it's getting so close. I hope to meet some of you at the races.

Thanks DopeyBadger. In case anyone is wondering, my costume is really 'none'. 'Escaped convict' was a reference to my pre-race haircut which is #2 clippers all over. Somehow, it always reminds me of the haircut they would give you in prison. (Not that I have first hand knowledge of that!)

#WompWomp

#sadface

#WompWomp²

Com'on gals!! Rooting for you ! Sending some healing thoughts, prayers!
No more casualties!!
Be well!!

My wife and I will be running the marathon.

If it’s not too late, you can add us to the list.

Race: Marathon
Name: Scott
Bib#: 55XX
Dis'er Name: experiment818
Costume: None as of yet
Corral: J
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral: Probably somewhere in between
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral: Back
Expected Pace: 13:30

Race: Marathon
Name: Jenn
Bib#: 55XX
Dis'er Name:
Costume: Maleficent
Corral: J
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral: Probably somewhere in between
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral: Back
Expected Pace: 13:30

Thanks!

Regarding throw-away clothes.

Is it only allowed at the start or could I shed a sweatshirt mile 1, and chuck it on the side of the road?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter