• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2016

Welcome! As a fellow long time lurker (umm... maybe like 3 years :rolleyes1), I felt making this comprehensive dis'er list might get more people like I used to be to join in on the fun. If you give me your info, I'll add you to the list. We've got 2 in J for the full and 3 in J for the half.
Race - full
Name - Courtney
Bib# - 5890
Dis'er Name - CourtSchwab
Costume - Minnie Mouse
Corral - J
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral - early
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral - middle
Expected Pace - depends how many pictures we stop to take!

Interesting breakdown of the corrals. Something looks odd, though. Goofy and Dopey should have far more entries than are shown. Dopey last year was about 7500 and Goofy was 6500. I find it hard to believe they've both dropped to under 2000.

Interesting breakdown of the corrals. Something looks odd, though. Goofy and Dopey should have far more entries than are shown. Dopey last year was about 7500 and Goofy was 6500. I find it hard to believe they've both dropped to under 2000.
Summed them from same Excel spreadsheet (original, converted to jpeg). Dopey has 8127 and Goofy 3369.

Thanks for doing this!
It's interesting to me that for the Half, the number of bibs in the corrals is a lot more "exact," where in the marathon is more "approximately" (meaning, the half will have 2000 in one corral and the marathon will have 1999). I know that's a nitpicky thing to notice, but it really jumped out at me as being interesting.
Yeah, that's why I think each corral may err a couple people either way (either a few too many or a few too few). I was doing this in between my real job so I may not have added that extra bib from subtracting pure numbers. Like bibs 1-15 isn't 14, so you have to add back in one. Just did it as an exercise to give people an idea of corral sizes.

I moved up to J when this year's corrals were released. Happy with that. Now if I can just finish week 2 of marathon training :rotfl2: yeah I am a little behind. Did the Cocoa Beach Half and the W&D Quarter with a little training in between. Going to have a lot of fun though.

Now serious question -

For all the other races, if I had some other race weekend event (like ChEAR Squad), there was a separate waiver I had to print out - it was just a basic one, not unlike the one up for Pasta Party.

I've got Race Retreat for me and some ChEAR Packages but don't see a spot for those waivers. Did anyone who had these items this year have to print out waivers for those items? I guess I could just print out Pasta Party ones to be safe.

I am the goat who forgot to enter PoT.

Race: Marathon
Name: Liz M.
Bib#: 15582
Dis'er Name: emindc
Costume: Toy Story Pizza Planet Truck
Corral: P
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral: Early
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral: As close to the front as I can get
Expected Pace: 11:30-11:45

Thanks for doing this!

Running a big 20-miler tomorrow -- nervous but psyched. And excited for my first marathon!

Race: Dopey
Name: Matt
Bib#: 20298
Dis'er Name: dismatt0483
Costume: Weather dependent running clothes
Corral: B
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral: Late
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral: Middle
Expected Pace: 8-8:30

Race: 10K
Name: Brunna Fitti
Bib# 609xx
Dis'er Name: Pixie Heart
Costume: Tinker Bell or Daisy Duck (TBD)
Corral: B
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral: early bird
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral: front
Expected Pace: 11'05"

I "think" that since you have 609XX in the 10k and are in corral B that it is most likely that with my 708XX bib in the 5k that I will be in Corral B for that race. This is me just throwing darts with guesses.

Last edited:
I'm in Corral J, and I'm happy to have any cushion I can get as a first-timer for both a marathon and Dopey. :)

(as an aside, I am really chatty today and I think it's because it is WAY easier to communicate on a computer versus my Kindle, which is how I usually lurk but don't post because it takes forever to type)

Now serious question -

For all the other races, if I had some other race weekend event (like ChEAR Squad), there was a separate waiver I had to print out - it was just a basic one, not unlike the one up for Pasta Party.

I've got Race Retreat for me and some ChEAR Packages but don't see a spot for those waivers. Did anyone who had these items this year have to print out waivers for those items? I guess I could just print out Pasta Party ones to be safe.

Last year when I picked up my Race Retreat I didn't have a waiver. Just walked up, gave them my name, and got what I needed.

Race: Dopey!
Name: Nicole K
Bib# 243
Dis'er Name: Austin&Pipermom
Costume: 5K -Anna, 10K-Woody, Half-Dr. Who shirt, Full-Red,White and Blue
Corral: J
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral: Somewhere in between
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral: Front or Middle
Expected Pace: 5K/10k I will be keeping my kids pace. Half/Full 13:00mm

I love this group. LOL.

The corral splits are great. I know it's was just a quick rundown, but my OCD is so happy to see mostly even numbers in the corrals. The DL races are NEVER like that. LOL

Race: Dopey!
Name: Nicole K
Bib# 243
Dis'er Name: Austin&Pipermom
Costume: 5K -Anna, 10K-Woody, Half-Dr. Who shirt, Full-Red,White and Blue
Corral: J
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral: Somewhere in between
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral: Front or Middle
Expected Pace: 5K/10k I will be keeping my kids pace. Half/Full 13:00mm

Where can I find out what corral I'm in? I tried to look back in the forum to see if a location was identified but had no luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter