Marathon Weekend 2016

I've followed the #registration issues last night and decided to go to sleep without registering and hope everything works itself out at noon today. Sorry to see that many people still seem to be stuck in limbo not knowing whether their registrations will be cancelled or not.

Hopefully I'll be able to register for my third Dopey Challenge. If not, the Goofy will be a nice fall back option. Good Luck to everyone in getting registered for the races you desire.

I, too, registered for the Dopey when I saw the info earlier in the thread. No email for me (yet) informing me it's been cancelled....and the active.com link still confirms my registration.

OMG I totally missed all this madness with the early registrations!! WHAT THE WHAT???!!

Am ready to go for noon

So the link is currently live but when you try to go into registration is says:

Online registration is no longer available for this event! Please

Everyone getting same message?

Also how do you know when it's live? It looks live now until you hit 'register now' so when you refresh how do you know?

OMG I totally missed all this madness with the early registrations!! WHAT THE WHAT???!!

Am ready to go for noon

So the link is currently live but when you try to go into registration is says:

Online registration is no longer available for this event! Please

Everyone getting same message?

Also how do you know when it's live? It looks live now until you hit 'register now' so when you refresh how do you know?
Yep. I'm getting the same message. I'll just keep refreshing the page and clicking the register now button.

It is a long story, but basically I had an issue during AP registration for Wine and dine and I spent hours on the phone going back and forth with active and RD. So what I will say is for those of you that are not sure if your registration is valid or will be cancelled etc., trust only your answer from rundisney. Active handles online registration and that is it. RD decides validity, cancellation, and if they will honor it. Active will tell you only what they see on their screen which is pretty much what you can see too. RD ties their hands quite a bit with their races.

So - the plot thickens. My neighbor received a phone call (no email) about his Dopey registration being canceled and him being refunded (again, no biggie) and that the link was for deferrals.

I've received NOTHING about the 5K registrations I made yesterday being canceled. No email, no phone call, nothing. And they're all still showing up as active.

Whatever. I feel bad for the one person at rD having to go through and do all this because rD has the dumbest registration process known to man. But if I have to guess, they're just canceling Dopey registrations? Who knows.
Wow, a phone call?? That is crazy! :eek:

Wow, a phone call?? That is crazy! :eek:

Yeah. He said it was the same gal answering the phones when he called back that left a message about it. I'd like to feel bad if it's just one person who has to deal with all of this - but, c'mon. Get a real registration process. If it's not having the form active for "deferrals" (which, I'm not sure I buy FYI because why would it charge your credit card for a registration you've already paid for and deferred, but whatever), it's allowing people to go through and register AND get payment processed before telling them the event is sold out (like @AThrillingChase went through during W&D). It's always something stupid.

They always have weird little loopholes and people ALWAYS figure them out. You'd think they'd learn.

As for whether they should use Active or not...not sure on that one. A LOT of races use it so I'm not sure what a better alternative is - and I'm not saying it's a perfect, or even great, or even good system...

And I can see them not wanting to hire support for creating their own registration system like RNR races have. Because $$$$$$. :confused3

They always have weird little loopholes and people ALWAYS figure them out. You'd think they'd learn.

As for whether they should use Active or not...not sure on that one. A LOT of races use it so I'm not sure what a better alternative is - and I'm not saying it's a perfect, or even great, or even good system...

And I can see them not wanting to hire support for creating their own registration system like RNR races have. Because $$$$$$. :confused3

Oh well. This is it for me as far as registration goes.

Until July.

OMG is anyone else already having trouble with the runDisney site, even just refreshing? Has anyone ever successfully registered on an iPhone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter