marathon training thread for 11/7-11/14

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
YEAH FOR DECAFF!! You finished your 10K in style! You rule girlie!! Was that your first race? Was it harder then you thougt? It sounds like you did really well. You should be proud of yourself! I am PROUD OF YOU!!!

Rachel- good for you for sticking with it! You did a great job on your run today- and worked successfully through the pain and awkwardness of your running. When I do something like that then I know that I am ready to do WHATEVER I HAVE TO to get through this half marathon! And so are you!

Today was a rest ay for me, but I wanted to start the new thread.
Also make an announcement:

There are still 6 openings (8 if at least 2 are children under 12) for the WISHES Cruise for Monday evening January 10, 2005. If you are interested in doing this please let me know. If the boat is full- the cost will be $14.00/pperson.

Let's make this the most dedicated training week yet!

Karen plese put me down for 3 of those spots on the WISHES cruise on the 10th. This sounds like alot of fun!

I didn't do the greatest at staying comitted to no sweets last week. I would do really good 1 day and then blow it the next and then do really good the next day. So 1 of my goals for this week is to really get serious about not eating sweets. This week I need to walk 8 miles for my long walk, I'm still trying to figure out which day will be best for that and I going to committ to doing my 3 days of walking and 2 days of crosstraining this week, I've been getting better about getting in the crosstraining but stiil not always getting in both sesions in a week.

We're getting so close now ladies, 9 weeks from now and it will be over, I can't believe it! We need to stay strong in our resolve now as we head into the busy holiday season which is rapidly approaching and we will be able to accomplish this great goal journey we set off on!!!!!

Keep moving everyone!

Cheryl :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

it's all starting to feel so real.........I did get my packet this weekend -- love the 1/2 marathon shirts!

I did my 40 min walk today -- my feet are aching a bit, not sure after a light week why that is?

i realize that a 45 min walk just doesn't seem very long anymore. huh?

cyber high five to everyone -- i didn't have time to read all the posts from last week but i just know everyone is doing awesome!

cheryl -- i will be inspired by YOU this week to avoid the candy and sweets! thank you!

Took our cat to a new vet today--they said her legs can heal as they are with the bones eventually fusing together--no amputation and no euthanasia since she is eating, drinking, and using the litter even though she can't walk.

He had never seen such an injury in one leg let alone two in a cat. But cats are great healers--if it were a dog,it would be a different story :(

Hope all is well with everyone...just read about Beth's mom on last week's thread :( How very very sad!!!!
Hugs and Prayers to you Beth!
:grouphug:

Lisa

Originally posted by ohMom
it's all starting to feel so real.........I did get my packet this weekend -- love the 1/2 marathon shirts!

I did my 40 min walk today -- my feet are aching a bit, not sure after a light week why that is?

i realize that a 45 min walk just doesn't seem very long anymore. huh?

cyber high five to everyone -- i didn't have time to read all the posts from last week but i just know everyone is doing awesome!

cheryl -- i will be inspired by YOU this week to avoid the candy and sweets! thank you!

I have this foot massage roller that I bought at a running store--it was created for patients with Plantar Fasciitis--but it does wonders for my feet anyway. I get lactic build up/tension spots in my feet. Post Run--use this roller--and your feet feel like heaven when you are finished.

http://www.runningplanet.com/shop/product.asp?product_id=1021

It is expensive--but best money you will ever spend!!! Works best post workout. I lost my last one and haven't used it in 4 days--just got it today--so it is taking some effort to get the aches out of my feet. But once they are gone--it is heaven.

I read that oHmom got her packet and none for me yet! Poofies - my mailman is going to be in trouble if I don't get mine soon! I bet he doesn't EVEN know that I am waiting on somthing special

:teeth:

I'm off for a massage - bet I will be forget it for the rest of the evening and I will give him until tomorrow and then I am gonna be ............................ well, something, but shoot should I really blame him? He's the choice for right now anyway ::yes::

Grammy- I got my packet today- I'll bet you get yours soon too! Did anyone notice that there is NO info on a spaghetti dinner on Friday or Saturday??? I wonder if they're going to have one this year?

No package here yet. But the email I received when I switched to the 1/2 marathon said my entry probably didn't make it in time for the first wave of packages, and to keep my eye on the mail for November or December. I hope it comes soon.

Today was supposed to be a run day for me, but my irritable bowel flared up. It's only 4pm though, and I am starting to feel better so maybe I will go this evening.

And it's not raining, so I should go while the weather's good.

Rachael

There's room for 1 more person on that WISHES Cruise for Monday - January 10-2005.

Any takers????

I ended up going for a run. Run 3/Walk 2 for for 45mins. I was feeling really good, but run slow. I ran 2.43 miles. Would have liked to have gone a little faster, but I'll take it!

Rachael

NCRedding- YOU just filled in the last spot!

Sorry everyone else- this cruise is full!

I'll PM each of the 10 people that have reserved a spot on this cruise with the final details as soon as they can give them to me. Now that the park hours haev been determined for that day- i should be able to call and get the specific info on what time to meet etc. When I know this info- I'll let ya know!

We're checking out on Monday--so no cruise for us :(

I'll check in later--just doing my quick reads of the DIS Boards.

monday AEG and I have Fantasmic Dinner package scheduled -- if anyone else books that let me know so we can find each other for the show! thanks for asking karen :)

this has been a sleepy week for me - i just got up and now i'm convincing myself that water aerobics is the workout of the day. it's chilly here so the thought of swimming isn't too enticing; but i'm reminding myself I really do like the class once i'm there and going!

did manage to eat on plan yesterday too! woo hoo for me! one day at a time

Good Tuesday morning fellow marathoners :wave:

It is a wonderful Tuesday because I have today off and I usually work on Tuesdays. Now hopefully I will not spend my whole day on the DIS boards and I will get some of the cleaning and laundry done that is in desperate need of doing, but that can wait until after I get caught up here and of course after I do my workout for the day. Yesterday was a rest day for me, today will be a crosstraining day, I am going to do my Denise Austin weight tape and I think I'll also do the 2 mile WATP tape again too. Tomorrow I am comitting to do my long walk for the week, 8 miles. Tomorrow is supposed to be the warm day of the week (upper 50's) and then tomorrow night a COLD front is supposed to come through and we might even get some of that nasty white stuff, I can't even say it's name ;). Doesn't mother nature know I'm training for a marathon and I need to keep walking outside lol.

Oh boy Molli if you are going to use me to inspire you to not eat sweets I have to really be good so it looks like you in return will be inspiring me! Thank you I need any help I can get in that department!!! Yesterday, I"ll admit it, I did have a small peanut butter cup and a tootsie roll midgie so it wasn't a perfect day but compared to the way I had been eating that is a great improvement and today I will think of you and not eat any of that YUCKY halloween candy that is still in the house.

Lisa I hope your poor little kitty heals quickly, it is so hard to see a pet hurting but it is amazing how they can adapt. Thanks for the link about the foot roller. I think I am going to order one. My feet have been aching alot lately too especially a few hours after I walk and the again when I first get up in the morning. Some mornings I hobble around for awhile feeling like my feet are about 80 years old.

Grammy how was your massage? A massage sure sounds heavenly, I am still debating if I should splurge and get one on our cruise in 2 weeks or get a pedicure before we go. Dh really doesn't want me getting anywhere near the Spa on the ship, he is afraid I'll like it too much and spend too much money there ;)

Karen Yahoo you got your packet! Isn't it exciting to have and look through. I keep studying that map lol Did you figure out when you will get your long walk in with your trip to SLC this weekend?

Rachel GOOD for you getting out there later in the day to get your run in after you were feeling better instead of just skipping it for the day!!!

Keep up the great work everyone, keep on moving!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cheryl :sunny:

Yikes I just realized that today is the 9th which means the BIG DAY is now only 2 months away!

I'm off to do my exercise tapes!

Cheryl

I want to report that it was just "heavenly". The guy worked on my tender leg/hip for more than 20 minutes and then did a whole hour for the rest of the bod! He said I am going to be "okay" and just need to take it easy and make another appt if it starts to tighten up again - frankly it still feels tight but it does feel better. And I did make another appt - this is medicinal - right - not for pleasure :teeth:

I keep thinking I just "need" to get back to walking this week and then I get myself under control and say "NO" let it heal - so I may try a casual walk near the end of the week and just stick to some stretching.

Cheryl - I say go for the cruise massage - YOU DESERVE IT!! You ahve been a faithful trainee and this would be a nice kudo for all that work! Can't wait to hear about the cruise - will be us next year!! and gosh how could you embark that ship without a pedicure - by all means schedule that too ::yes:: we wouldn't want your DH to be embarrassed - you showing up with unmanicured tooties :teeth:

Keep up the good work everyone - off to finish my lunch.

Cheryl N - book the massage! It will be worth it!

My job is up the middle of January, so I only have 2 and 1/2 months left on my benefits, and I am no where near the maximums. So we figured out I can go for a massage every 2 weeks between now and January and still not max out my benefits.

I go to a massage therapist and she works on my legs for over 1/2 the treatment and then works a bit on my back, arms and shoulders. It really helps with the recovery time.

Treat yourself!

Sounds like everyone here is having a wonderfl day today! I want a massage to- but I have to wait until January!

Cheryl- i walk my long walk tomorrow and then the rest of the week I'll probably fulfill my required 2-3 miles a day just sightseeing.

I walked 3 miles this morning- and will do 1 more tonight.

And- I fell off the no sweets wagon yesterday! Boo hoo! I was doing so well! :(

grammy- I feel ALL of your pain! Both the hip pain and the "I have to wait to walk again" pain!! Isn't it hard to believe that we really want to walk so badly that we think abouty doing it before we really should?!?!?!? I always have in the back of my mind how much time I am losing while I wait! AHHHHHHH! It can be so maddening!!!!

Hello All!!!

I wanted to have sweet last night--but I resisted--YEAH!!!

I ran 6 miles this morning. Since we did our long run Sunday and since I was doing the vet with the kitty yesterday...the coach gave me a modified week--4-6 today (I ran 6), 4-6 tomorrow, and 4 easy on Thursday. All this b/c we jump up to 14 miles on Saturday..YIKES!!!

Today's 6 was fairly easy--meaning back on September 11 when I ran 6 for the first time--thought I was going to die it was so hard!!! So kudo's to fitness--I love being an Athlete--what about you ladies? B/c with all that we're doing--we are bona fide athletes!!!

Kitty Update:
Squiggle is a happy cat--she is convalescing (sp?) and enjoying her special meaty wet cat food and lots of extra kitty treats--just what the doctor ordered :) She has been purring on occasion :) Good sign!!

Today she meowed quite a bit--ends up she wanted onto my bed--so I am fearful that she is there unattended at the moment--but she is sleeping so peacefully :) She's much more cozy than on the floor.

The Vet is going to let her bones fuse at their new meeting place--and he thinks she will be walking (albeit very funny) by her visit 2 weeks from yesterday.

She's on steriods which some very kind Disers on my other thread are telling me evil things about--I'll consider a holistic vet after her 2 week check up--maybe sooner...I've already spent over $200 between ER visit and meds. We'll have to see.

No marathons for Squiggle though ;)

Thanks for the happy thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter