• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Information

Marathonmom

Earning My Ears
I am running the full and we are needing spectator information for my dh and dd(7). This is my 10th marathon but our first disney so we need insider and previous spectator/runner help. Questions are:

Can dh drive from park to park during the race?
Should dh and dd go to the start or is it just to crazy?
We are staying at the CBR but will have a rental car, should we drive to the start or take the bus?
How far is Epcot parking from the start area?

Any help would be appreciated :wave:

I hope you perform well in Marathon. :cheer2:
I think people need courage to take part in the Marthon race.
And it should be your 10th,which really surprised me!
I'm sorry that I cn't help to give you ny information :flower:
But I can give you my best wishes :flower:
:cloud9:

I haven't run WDW since 2000 so my recollection and advice is based on an old experience.

I would not recommend sending spectators to the start. It is pitch black when the race starts and altho there were fireworks at the start it isn't worth going to.

I would think your family could take the monorail from MK to Epcot depending on how quickly the race course gets you from Epcot to MK. Overall, I don't recall this race as being particularily fan friendly. The race starts very early and depending on your finishing time you my be done before the parks open, or atleast be finished running through the parks before they open.

My wife and kids met me at the finish. I don't recall a great number of spectators along the route, altho there were people around when we went by the various Disney resorts

Sorry I couldn't be of much more help. Good luck and have a great race. Let us know how you do.

You should ask this question on the WISH boards under just for fun. There are a lot of people there training for it, and they might be better able to answer your questions.

Good luck! :cheer2:

Honeybee's exactly right- we have lots of helpful Marathon planners on the WISH board!

WISH (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) is a terrific forum. You'll find support for all kinds of healthy pursuits there, from all kinds of diets and eating plans to exercise and sports. And there's a wonderful group of WISHers who have really embraced the marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter