Mapletree-Did you get anything through Priceline?

alohamom

DIS Veteran
Just curious as we use Priceline alot and are probably going to use it for our next trip to Hawaii but I an worried about not being able to use it anymore!If you don't mind, can you update me. Anyone else from Canada, if you have had luck in the last few weeks, can you also chime in? I don't want to pry for details, just whether or not you had bids accepted,thanks in advance,Suzanne. :sunny:

I was not bidding for Hawaii. I was bidding for a hotel in Asia and had my bid accepted. I must tell you that this time (last summer was the last time I had won decent bids for New York, Seattle, and Washington D.C.) was the hardest "get" for me. I didn't save much at all...probably just $10-20 USD...not enough to justify the no cancellation, no choice conditions that Priceline forces on you as a customer. In hindsight, I should have just given up and not have pursued it.

Just my experience, tho...maybe it's the destination, but I am not a happy customer this time around. Good luck with your bidding.

Hi. I bid on hotels in Victoria and Vancouver for this month. I received the Marriott Pinnacle in Vancouver for $55 and the Marriott in Victoria for $57. We were in Victoria last night and had a wonderful stay, the hotel was great. BTW we used our Mastercard.

Two weeks ago I got the Sheraton Studio City in Orland for $44. We stayed ther last year and liked it. I still haven't had much luck with the Disney area or Clearwater Beach, but I will keep trying. Have you tried Easy click Travel?

Thanks sooo much for all your replies!I guess it still works, thank goodness! I had bid on an Asia zone in the fall but that was my last successful bid and I was just a little concerned as I had no luck with our trip to the world last week. Dennise, thanks for the tip, I will check it out, I am aways looking for travel savings!On the Fodors travel talk chat area, I found out about Hyatt certificates which make the high end Hyatts affordable(hyatt.com)for 1,2 and 3 day stays. :cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

Alohamom,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I have been spending most of my time on the cruising board. Yes, we got a successful bid on Priceline using American Express. Not a wonderful price, but savings nonetheless for 2 rooms. We started bidding early December and did not get a winning bid til the end of January. All unsuccessful bids came back with 'Try again'. Priceline never offered a counterbid even though the winning bid was close to the previous bid,seconds before.

Good luck with your bid for Hawaii.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter