many questions...sorry

YeahDisneyWorld!

Earning My Ears
1. Do all the parks have strollers available? I really don't want to have to fly strollers down!! It's bad enough I have to fly a Pack N Play!!

2. Everyone my way says with having young kids I have to do Breakfast w/Mickey. Which park is this in?

3. Is the heat that bad in the end of July? Alot of people are telling me I'm crazy for taking a DW trip at the end of July.

4. OK, no 4th question...just excited!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

I'm sure I'll think of more as the time keeps approaching!!!

I will try to help you. First Are you staying On-site? if so they have Pack N Plays in the rooms. Second alot of people will tell you to take your own Stroller but we never have-I think the only plus to your our stroller is at the airport. They have strollers at all the parks & DTD but not at the resorts. As far as the heat if you space our the indoor with the out door attrations, drink lots of water & have ADR for meals-which helps get you out of the heat & go back to your resort during the high heat you should be fine.

Places to eat with Mickey are Chef Mickeys at the Contempary Resort Breakfast & Dinner, Cape May at the Beach Club Breakfast & I think the Garden Grill in the Land at Epcot Lunch & Dinner-i think.

Kae

YeahDisneyWorld! said:
1. Do all the parks have strollers available? I really don't want to have to fly strollers down!! It's bad enough I have to fly a Pack N Play!!

2. Everyone my way says with having young kids I have to do Breakfast w/Mickey. Which park is this in?

3. Is the heat that bad in the end of July? Alot of people are telling me I'm crazy for taking a DW trip at the end of July.

1. yes.
2. Chef Mickey's is in the Contemporary Resort. You just take the monorail. You should definitely eat there. The food and characters are both great!!
3. The heat is bad, but there are lots of places to cool off. We never had trouble finding somewhere to get wet - there are misting stations all around, or you can always go inside to the attractions/shops with a/c. We also bought mini misting fans at Wal-Mart. We had one each, and we really used them a lot!!! Make sure you take extra batteries.
4. HAVE FUN!!!

Answers to some!

1. Yes, all parks have strollers available. If you park hop, you can save your receipt from your original rental and you don't have to pay again at the other park (same day). I'm not sure what rentals are running these days as we are out of the stroller years now. Someone else I'm sure can help. Is it $8 now?You used to get a dollar back as well. I do not believe that Downtown Disney does stroller rentals so if you are planning on visiting there, you may want to consider bringing an umbrella stroller.

2. Breakfast with Mickey. The only in-Park Breakfast I am aware of with Mickey is at Animal Kingdom at Donald's Breadfastasouras (spelling?) The other Mickey breakfasts are at the Contemperary at Chef Mickey's and there may be one at one of the other resorts. Mickey used to be a O'hana's at the Polynesian, but I think that's been taken over by Lilo and Stitch now.

3. Yes, it is very very hot in late July. The Florida humidity can be very hard to take. The heat will tire you quickly. However, you are at Disney World! Make sure you and your kids are hydrated and wear sunblock and you will be fine. There are places and buildings you can go to get cool if you need to.

You didn't say where you are staying. If you are staying on site, and mid afternoon break with young kids is always nice.

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy! Have a great time!

Don't know where you live, but I'm on the east coast (NYC) and it's blistering hot in NY in July. I always go to WDW in the summer. Hey, they way I look at it, if I'm going to be hot anyway might as well be hot with the mouse! :teeth: There are plenty of ways to cool off. Great pools at the resorts, fabulous water parks and rides that get you wet. My only advice would be to take it easy during the hottest part of the day and drink lots of water.

Have a great time!! :wizard:

Your questions where all answered when I got here but I just wanted to tell you to have fun! Also make sure you bring a light blanket or something as the plastic in the strollers at MK gets kind of hot if its left in the sun.

YeahDisneyWorld! said:

1. Yes all of the parks have stroller rental.
2. We do this at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary resort.
3. The heat is pretty extreme in July, so stay hydrated.
4. No answer. :rotfl2:

Have fun in Disney! Enjoy WDW.

Just wanted to throw my $0.02 in about the strollers. We always bring our stroller for a couple of reasons. OP mentioned about it's easier getting around in the airport and I totally agree with that. The downside to the WDW strollers is that they all look alike and the CM's WILL move the strollers while you're on the ride. So our stroller sticks out and is easy to find. We've also been there in the summer time and saw them out of strollers at AK. I'm sure that was a rare occasion but it did happen. When you bring your stroller on the plane you bring it right up to the gate and leave it just before you enter the plane. When you get off of the plane they will bring your stroller to you, then you load your kid up and off you go to baggage claim.

If you don't bring your own stroller, bring something to make your stroller stand out, such as some bright colored ribbon or even a balloon. This will make your stroller stand out. Oh yeah, the rented strollers do have your name on a tag, but sometimes people in a hurry are too busy to read the name tag.

We go at the end of August (no choice my wife is a teacher and its the only time we can go without it being crazy busy-ie Spring break, X-mas). Its hot and humid. But, the best thing to do. Is get up early go to the parks. Around lunch go back to the hotel...swim, relax. Then go back to the parks after dinner. Oh!....And drink lots of water. :D

But, your at Disney and I would rather be hot and uncomfortable there...then hot & uncomfortable at home. :sunny: :thumbsup2

Thank you all for you advice!

We are staying outside of Disney, renting a house in Kissimmee.

Well if I am able to use the stroller up until my flight then maybe I will take an umbrella one. I think I would have rather driven 2 hrs then fly because I need so much for the kids!!

YeahDisneyWorld! said:
Thank you all for you advice!

We are staying outside of Disney, renting a house in Kissimmee.

Well if I am able to use the stroller up until my flight then maybe I will take an umbrella one. I think I would have rather driven 2 hrs then fly because I need so much for the kids!!

Also, depending on age of children, will they fall asleep in stroller toward the end of the day? Then at least you can get them out of the park while still in the stroller. Since you are staying offsite then you'll have to get them out anyway, but it would be easier to wait for buses/taxis with a sleeping child in your stroller than in your arms. You have to return the rentals at the park exit.

Also, all the character meals that people mentioned above are the best ones. But we did see Mickey at all of the breakfasts (polynesian, and Grand Floridian included).

I think I would have rather driven 2 hrs then fly because I need so much for the kids!![/QUOTE]

you can drive to WDW in 2 hours but you are flying? i hope that was a typo...lol

Have a great trip.

Currently Mickey appears at the following for breakfast:
Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort (classic Disney characters)
Donald's Breakfastasaurous at Animal Kingdom (Donald, Mickey, Pluto, Goofy)
Ohanas' (with Lilo and Stitch Pluto & Mickey) - at the Polynesian Resort

Other great breakfasts also include:
1900 Park Fare (my fav) - with Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, and various
Crystal Palace with Pooh characters - in Magic Kingdom
Cape May Cafe - at the Beach Club Resort - Minnie, Chip and Dale, Goofy (beach themed attire)
Pooh characters - Grand Floridian
Cinderalla Castle - MK - Cinderella and Princesses
Princess Story Book B-fast - Epcot - Akerhaus (Norway)

(we have been to all of the above in the past 6 months)

MGM has a new one at Hollywood and Vine with Little Einstein I believe... don't know anything about this one.

CrazyforDisney said:
Your questions where all answered when I got here but I just wanted to tell you to have fun! Also make sure you bring a light blanket or something as the plastic in the strollers at MK gets kind of hot if its left in the sun.

I don't have kids myself, but I just wanted to point this out because I thought it was a really great trip! I hope everyone with kids sees this so they don't fry their children's bottoms!! :)

I don't know how old your child is, but keep in mind that the rental strollers do not recline and may not be a good choice for a baby or younger toddler who may need to nap in it.

We rented the strollers w/a 2 & 4 yr. old and they were great. They don't recline, but our kids didn't nap in them anyway. One thing you should know, you can rent the stroller for the number of days you're going to the parks. That way after the first day you can just give them your ticket and get your stroller instead of standing in the long line to pay everyday. Plus it's cheaper to rent for the longer period. Oh, and it doesn't matter which park you rented at, they take the tickets at any of them.
As for breakfast w/Mickey, you might want to check out all the character meals and see which one would appeal most to your children.
They're all listed at allearsnet.com
As for the heat, I would recommend two things. First, try to alternate rides with shows. That way you can cool off often and secondly I recommend a sit down meal a day. That hour in the cool a/c works wonders! Have fun! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter