Many of Disney 'classic' animated movies are NOT available on Fantasy...

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
While looking through the list of animated Disney films available on demand (in the staterooms,) I noticed the following were not offered...Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Pinocchio.

What's happening? Is Disney slowly phasing out these movies, and if so, why?:sad1: Yes, our family has the old videos, but there's still something about watching or listening to a classic movie while relaxing in the stateroom (we're more apt to watching them onboard instead of at home.)

I didn't ask anyone onboard about this (because I wasn't sure who would know?):confused3 Has anyone else noticed, and is anyone disappointed?

Gosh, I could have sworn that Cinderella and Peter Pan were both available when we were on the Dream in March. Hmmm I wonder why it's different on the Fantasy? That doesn't even make sense! We too enjoy watching a classic movie as well from time to time while onboard.

Mickeyhugger said:
While looking through the list of animated Disney films available on demand (in the staterooms,) I noticed the following were not offered...Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Pinocchio.

What's happening? Is Disney slowly phasing out these movies, and if so, why?:sad1: Yes, our family has the old videos, but there's still something about watching or listening to a classic movie while relaxing in the stateroom (we're more apt to watching them onboard instead of at home.)

I didn't ask anyone onboard about this (because I wasn't sure who would know?):confused3 Has anyone else noticed, and is anyone disappointed?

Are on demand movies free?

I wonder if it has anything to do with some of those movies being in the vault?

Hmm that is very strange and not to fun.

I was wondering if they have more adult movies on demand like the Avengers and things or are they mainly cartoons?

I would guess they have a limited number of movies they can make available int he on demand system they have, and either they chose different movies on different boats for variety, or perhaps they rotate them over the years?

Hmm that is very strange and not to fun.

I was wondering if they have more adult movies on demand like the Avengers and things or are they mainly cartoons?

I doubt there will be any movies that aren't already available on video yet, i.e. Avengers. I guess that depends on when your cruise is I suppose. I can't recall from our last cruise though.

I was also surprised not to see Cinderella on their list. They had so many.

There were several adult movies. We watched Sherlock Holmes 2, and they had several other fairly new releases.

Disney puts many of the Classics in the *Vault*, for a 10 year period to reintroduce them to the next generation. This is done on a rotating basics.

AKK

Well Cinderella is coming out on Blu Ray in Oct :)

The others you mentioned have all come to Blu Ray and been put back in the vault, which I think is a silly concept...its a way to help boost sales of them when they come out.

I wonder if it has anything to do with some of those movies being in the vault?

Lady & the Tramp is not in the vault, & Cinderella is coming out of the vault Oct 2. Sleeping Beauty is still available many places. So unlikely it has anything to do with the vault.

Lady & the Tramp is not in the vault, & Cinderella is coming out of the vault Oct 2. Sleeping Beauty is still available many places. So unlikely it has anything to do with the vault.

Sleeping beauty is in the vault....but if stores have copies they sell them till they are out. Lady and the Tramp is the only one that is not in the vault and its sequel is coming out to blu ray in aug, but I would assume it will go in to.

I do agree I doubt it has anythign to with being in the vault. If you think about how many Disney Classics there are it would b hard for them to be all up, its just a selection of movies in the end.

Does not mean anything wrong with them or they are going away for good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter