Mansions at POR

disqueen2

Mouseketeer
We are staying at POR for our Christmas trip. My daughter really wants to stay in one of the mansions. Last year when we stayed at POFQ, we went over and checked out POR. The mansions all seemed extremely far away from everything (food court, pool, rentals, bus). Does anyone know if any of the mansions are close to the main building? And if so, which ones? We didn't explore very much while we were there, so we are not sure about the exact layout of the resort. We have a courtyard view this time, since last year we paid for an upgrade to water view and didn't feel it was worth it, so we don't need to be in a mansion near the water. Any suggestions?

Stayed at POR in Mrach and loved it. It is large but we didn't feel the walk to the pool or lobby area was that bad. The grounds are so lush and beatiful you will enjoy your stay we did.

When we stayed in the Magnolia Mansion we were near a bridge, so the walk to the lobby or food court was quick. :sunny:

I stayed in Oak Manor and thought it was a great location. I was not far from the bridge that took you over to the main building and there was a quiet pool between Oak Manor and Parterre Place. I was not too far from the bridge that took you to the main pool.
I also was not far from the bus stop that was behind Magnolia Terrace, I would use that bus stop periodically rather than the main bus stop.
The resort is beautiful and I enjoyed the walk, but honestly it did not take long to get to the main building at all.

We stayed in the Magnolia Mansion for our honeymoon. It was fantastic. Generally, whenever we go, we request building 15. I didn't request any building when making our honeymoon ressies... though I thought I'd be disappointed being away from where we alway have been, we loved the scenery of the area... to us, it was so much prettier!

Two years ago we stayed in Magnolia Terrace. Not far at all from the main building and we had a quiet pool/laundry right outside our door. I don't mind the walk from anywhere in POR because the grounds are so nice. It's peaceful and everything is just so pretty there. POR is home to us! They could put us in the farthest room from anywhere and we'd be happy. I absolutely love the morning walk to the food court and watching all the other families milling about, getting ready for a day at the parks....okay...rambling over! :goodvibes

We didn't feel like the walking was bad either. We were in Oak Manor, right by the bridge to the main building. (We stayed in the Beach Club in 2000 in a room that was in the far back corner of the resort and it felt like it took forever to get to the bus stop from there!!!!!) Yes, the main pool was a few buildings down, but we weren't in any hurry to get there.

DS2.5 loved this resort and enjoyed walking back to the room rather than being in the stroller (where he had already spent most of the day anyway).

It's a great resort- don't let the size fool you!!! :goodvibes

We were very lucky when we went in May of last year, we requested Oak Manor after the tips I picked up here but since it was full we were located in Parterre Place nice to a quiet pool and a two minute walk from the food court and reception.

I would defintley request a room near the food court if you don't you may be a 15 or 20 minute walk away, fine if you are going at a leisurely pace but not so good if you are rumming late for your ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter