Manicure

scrapycruiser

DIS Veteran
Would like to her reviews on having manicures on the Fantasy.
I realize its more expensive but would like to be pampered on vacation. Did they have a good selection of colors ? I'm a peachy or coral person. Thanks ahead !:flower3:

Honestly - NO! I booked the fire & ice manicure on the Fantasy - they only have a small selection of what I would consider "old lady" colors and it was basically your run of the mill, every day manicure where they try to sell you products the whole time. Not pampering at all! I wouldn't bother with it again.

I also had a massage - which was fantastic and would highly recommend.

You can always bring your own polish with you.

When I had my hair done on the Magic,I felt the view alone made it worth it.:)

I haven't seen any good reviews for manicures on the ship. I've seen that they have chipped and not lasted nearly as long as where the people have them done at home. Not good IMO since it costs more on the ship.

After a crummy manicure on the Magic, and a crummy manicure on a HAL ship, I avoid manicures at sea. In both cases, the operators just didn't seem to know what they were doing. I now get a shellac manicure at my local nail salon before my cruise. Shellac lasts about 2 weeks, doesn't chip and strengthens my nails.

I had a gel manicure on the fantasy. Gel lasts over two weeks but you need pure acetone to remove it. It was a nice manicure in a nice part of the ship. I felt the service was fine for the 45 dollar charge and I would do it again. Colors are limited but there is variety.

When my CC day urned into a sea day :( i got a shelac manicure. It was very good but she kept far away from the cuticle. So while the polish lasted for a couple of weeks, it grew out quickly. Shelac has limited colors anyway so my choice is always limited. I got the hard sell of course. But in my case it worked out. There is a scent i absolutely love. And by chance she used an oil on my arms for an arm massage with that scent. So yes i bought a bottle. I have since bought more online and shockingly have not found it for much less elsewhere.

That all being said i am planning a mani/pedi locally before my next cruise. Id rather spend the money on a massage, something not easy to do at home.

Nope. I continue to be unimpressed with the outside companies Disney brings in for specific areas. Salon/spa and photography both fall flat for me, 9 cruises in.

:sad2:

I had a pedicure and thought it was on par with with you can get for the same price at home. I agree that the colors were severly lacking in choices. But the color stayed on nicely for weeks afterwards.

I was disappointed with my manicure. I left and went to join my group and discovered that one finger had smeared. I immediately went back and had to make an appointment to get it fixed. Honestly, a little remover and a new coat wouldn't have taken very long but I had to return hours later at an inconvenient time and wait to be worked in even though I was given an "appointment" time to return. Haven't visited the spa since as it left a bad impression on me. Plan to get a manicure at home before leaving next cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter