Mando and Grogu?

We did it!! We waited 45 minutes and gave up and headed away. DS, who has been given a long leash, stayed behind and called us to let us know they had come out.

DD rushed over and magically got selected to do a photo. When I asked both kids before the trip their “MUST do” list, DD’s #1 was to meet Mando & Grogu.

I was really hoping to make it happen. We were willing to camp out and waste hours of park time on our last day, so I’m so excited it happened. Waiting was worth it to me, but I didn’t want to face a heartbroken DD if it didn’t work out.

For the record it was around 1:30 when they came out.

1688578997868.jpeg

We did it!! We waited 45 minutes and gave up and headed away. DS, who has been given a long leash, stayed behind and called us to let us know they had come out.

DD rushed over and magically got selected to do a photo. When I asked both kids before the trip their “MUST do” list, DD’s #1 was to meet Mando & Grogu.

I was really hoping to make it happen. We were willing to camp out and waste hours of park time on our last day, so I’m so excited it happened. Waiting was worth it to me, but I didn’t want to face a heartbroken DD if it didn’t work out.

View attachment 775120
That is so awesome! Congrats!!! The force was with you today :)

Just looked at the timestamps on my photos of them and I saw them around 10:15am in May. They came out like right here and were absolutely mobbed by a crowd immediately so pretty much stayed in this exact spot. Hopefully this crop provides enough location context. Forgive the poorly drawn x marks the spot, lol:
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 12.45.15 PM.png

Disgruntled grognards on the internet do not speak for the entirety of the SW fandom no matter how much they wish it's the case.
Never said they do, but they do speak for a portion of it. No matter how much you wish that wasn't the case. Happens to be a portion with a good bit of expendable income that can really help a franchise from a merchandising and theme park standpoint.

Need me to pick you up some Rey figurines from the 70% off rack at the discount stores in my area? Last time I was there, I could have gotten you several versions of The Amazing Bestest Ever Super Rey.

Last edited:
Disgruntled grognards on the internet do not speak for the entirety of the SW fandom no matter how much they wish it's the case.
@kylenne: Thank you for my word of the day: grognard! I had to look it up and it has fascinating meanings. Love it. It's now in my vocabulary.

Saw them this past week and it was pretty cool, as it was one of the first things we saw in Galaxy's Edge. It was crazy, they got absolutely mobbed so quick, definitely hard to get near them. :(

I know this was at Hollywood studios for a bit but is it still happening? I haven’t seen anyone post photos or videos outside of that one week or two in May, my little guys would love to see the mandalorian and grogu but I want to set their expectations if he doesn’t roam around anymore… and if he does still come out, when and where did you find him? Thank you!

I know this was at Hollywood studios for a bit but is it still happening? I haven’t seen anyone post photos or videos outside of that one week or two in May, my little guys would love to see the mandalorian and grogu but I want to set their expectations if he doesn’t roam around anymore… and if he does still come out, when and where did you find him? Thank you!
We saw him in late June/early July.

He comes out in the little alcove area and before you enter the big "market area" after you pass RoTR (I'm sorry, I don't know a better way to describe it, hopefully someone else can :)). It's near where restrooms are in that area.

His appearances seem to be random, we got lucky as we were walking by. There is no line or anything for him. He was choosing parties to greet and take a photo by pointing at and gesturing to individuals, but it looked like everyone was getting a turn. We were traveling with another family and my kids (1 adult, 1 teen) and both of our families each got pics (and were chosen separately).

Edited for clarity.

Please see this thread. A lot of helpful information can be found here and the good news is - they are still there!

We saw him in late June/early July.

He comes out in the little alcove area and before you enter the big "market area" after you pass RoTR (I'm sorry, I don't know a better way to describe it, hopefully someone else can :)). It's near where restrooms are in that area.

His appearances seem to be random, we got lucky as we were walking by. There is no line or anything for him. He was choosing parties to greet and take a photo by pointing at and gesturing to individuals, but it looked like everyone was getting a turn. We were traveling with another family and my kids (1 adult, 1 teen) and both of our families each got pics (and were chosen separately).

Edited for clarity.
Thanks so much for your response!

Anyone have the MDE link for desktop viewing? I've gone through Character Experiences and sorted by location -- as well as searching through the section about Galaxy's Edge. Must be missing it! Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter