Manchester Hotel park/fly

June78

Earning My Ears
I've been looking around for a hotel that does park and fly. I really don't mind what the hotel is like (well, within reason), but I need one that is reasonably priced, including the 3 weeks parking that I'll need. I have found a few whilst looking around the web, do you know of a reasonably priced hotel with a good shuttle service? Appreciate your advice, thanks, June

We did the Brittania one year - never again. Although we used VIP parking which worked well.

Last year we did Bewleys - we had a family room which was 2 double beds which I dont consider a family room but we expected it so we took our own inflatable bed. The hotel itself was modetn and comfortable and good value. The car was left in the hotel car park so we could put our overnight stuff (including bed) back in the car before flying off - once we left it was taken off-site and on return we had to wait about 30mins for the coach (which is meant to be every 15mins). We were held up getting our bags so I suspect we missed the coach that most passengers got.

The hotel does run a shuttle to T2 but given we were about to sit on a plane for 9.5 hours we just walked. It's about 5 mins to T1 then there's a covered sky-way (with moving walk-ways) that takes you right to the check-in desk (past the Radisson which looks every nice) - I think complete walk was only 20mins.

Next year we'll do Bewleys again and try and get through bag claim quicker.

We paid £125 for the night plus 22 days parking.

We've also used Bewleys for the last two years. £69 for a double/twin room and £30 for the parking. I think there is a £3 charge for the bus to the terminals, but we got if free this year as we had to take the car to the car park ourselves (CarMinder2). We'll also be using Bewleys again next year, so we do recommend it! We used to use the Raddission, but the cost was £155 for a room and parking and that was 3 years ago.

Ian and Judith

I would recommend the Crowne Plaza which is just across the road from T3 - about a 5 minute walk. You can then walk into the other terminals via the moving walkways etc.

The hotel does a shuttle which seems very regular - we have never had to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes.

The prices are reasonable too - I think we paid about £69 without parking in August - we were only going away for 3 nights so we paid for the parking seperately.

They do have park and stay packages. You drop your keys off at a dedicated desk once you have finished with your car and let them know what flight you will be returning on. When you get back to the hotel, the shuttle bus will usually drive you straight to your car in the hotel car park.

Sue

We recently stayed at the Thistle hotel near Manchester Airport for £70. We then drove our to the airport where we left it in the care of CPS (Chauffeured Parking Services) for £82 for 17 nights. they pick up your car at the terminal and then bring it back when you get back. Extremely stressless, they keep track of your plane coming back so they'll be there for you. It's a bit more expensive but to us it was really worth it as I tend to get quite nervous when I'm at an airport so anything to keep the stress down is welcome. We booked through holidayextras, they also have hotel & parking packages,

you could try the cresta court hotel which is in altrincham (10 mins from airport),i'm not sure if they have a shuttle bus but a taxi would be reasonable.Also there is the post house hotel in northended,again 10 mins away.They do have a shuttle service and a secure car park.

We've stayed at Bewleys in the past & would stay there again. Booked it through Holiday Extras & this was cheaper. Though they are not showing it yet on their web-site for next May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter