• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Manatees near the Port---Shirley, help!

arlenerose

Earning My Ears
Shirley once mentioned manatees swimming in a nearby river. I need the directions to get there and I am wondering if you can still feed them lettuce.

Thanks,
Arlene :worship:

Exit A1A at the South Port Canaveral Piers exit (George J. King Blvd.).
Make a left at the 1st intersection (Dave Nisbet Drive), and left on Mullet Road.

Follow Mullet Road under the overpass/road that goes to the North Piers/DCL. Stop any convenient place along the canal.
You can often see manatees swimming in the canal between Port Canaveral and
the Banana River.

The locks are fun to watch when boats are transiting.

You can sometimes see the Manatees around the cruise ships and fishing boats in the port. But your best chance is in the canal

Good luck!

arlenerose said:
Shirley once mentioned manatees swimming in a nearby river. I need the directions to get there and I am wondering if you can still feed them lettuce.:

While I share your interest in seeing the creatures up close, you should be aware that is is illegal for humans and dangerous for the manatees to approach them.

savethemanatee
dot
org

advises to not feed or give water to manatees and to keep your distance while viewing them. They are an endangered species and we don't want to lose them. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter