• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Man Sues Over Mickey Parade

CMDTA

Mouseketeer
Did anyone see this? I just found it online:

Disney World is NOT "The Most Magical Place On Earth" for one man who says he was severely injured ... not on a ride, but while watching the dreaded Christmas Parade.

Michael Amabile claims he was at the Magic Kingdom in Orlando last December waiting for "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade," when he tripped over a sidewalk.

According to the suit ... Michael says the sidewalk could not be seen due to all the lights being turned off, and Disney cast members never warned him about the elevated step.

Amabile doesn't specify his injuries in the suit, but he wants the Mouse to pony up big money for his medical bills.

A few turkey legs wouldn't hurt either, we're guessing.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/25/disney-world-sued/

Oh my. . . I suppose we all need personal CMs to walk us around pointing a flashlight at the ground in front of us to show the way! I can certainly see how navigating a sidewalk, train tracks, crowds, all while looking around at everything could result in a fall, but don't see how it's anything but an accident unless Mickey shoved him in the back to clear the path!

Oh my. . . I suppose we all need personal CMs to walk us around pointing a flashlight at the ground in front of us to show the way! I can certainly see how navigating a sidewalk, train tracks, crowds, all while looking around at everything could result in a fall, but don't see how it's anything but an accident unless Mickey shoved him in the back to clear the path!

If you're a home owner, and someone is injured due to tripping and falling on your sidewalk, that person can sue you.

If you're a WDW, and someone is injured due to tripping and falling on a WDW sidewalk, that person can sue WDW.

I hate what our society is becoming. Everyone is either suing or boycotting (or for some truly special snowflakes.. both!)

Really fear for the world my kids will inherit.

If you're a home owner, and someone is injured due to tripping and falling on your sidewalk, that person can sue you.

If you're a WDW, and someone is injured due to tripping and falling on a WDW sidewalk, that person can sue WDW.

You can sue, but that doesn't mean you will win.

Yeah, I forgot about some of those stories. . . Don't shovel your walk because it's nature if you leave it alone, but ice is your fault if you try to shovel and do a bad job. . . . I assume cracked or uneven sidewalks could be the same.

My city has a historic area with cobblestone streets and uneven sidewalks alongside. Now you mention it, I'm surprised there haven't been lawsuits against the city for it (as far as I know).

I hate what our society is becoming. Everyone is either suing or boycotting (or for some truly special snowflakes.. both!)

Really fear for the world my kids will inherit.
It's sad, but it seems like so many people see regular accidents as paydays, now.

Yeah, I forgot about some of those stories. . . Don't shovel your walk because it's nature if you leave it alone, but ice is your fault if you try to shovel and do a bad job. . . . I assume cracked or uneven sidewalks could be the same.

My city has a historic area with cobblestone streets and uneven sidewalks alongside. Now you mention it, I'm surprised there haven't been lawsuits against the city for it (as far as I know).

We have a law here that you have to have your sidewalk shoveled with 24 hours or something like that.

I remember growing up the town made my parents replace the sidewalks in front of our house because they were uneven and a tripping hazard. They were not happy!

It's sad, but it seems like so many people see regular accidents as paydays, now.
Yup, we know someone who is admitting they are suing because they were hit by someone while pregnant and don't want to go back to work after. They were bumped by someone backing out of a parking space:sad2: I hope it doesn't work, but it probably will......

They always make an announcement about lighting levels being reduced and to be careful moving about before the events where they do that, don't they? I suppose that wouldn't stop anybody from suing, but his claim that there were no warnings doesn't mesh with my experience.

All very true a person can sue. However you have to have a reason for the tripping, a broken sidewalk, ice, oily, cracks, etc. In addition the person must use due diligence and safety. Being dark makes it more of the responsibility of the person to walk carefully. I curb on a street is something to be expected. Just tripping will not do it.

AKK

It's lawsuits like this that always make me feel guilty for suing for being badly injured in a car accident (that I was found 0% at fault for). :guilty:

Both are examples of idiotic opportunists....and both gleaming representations of why personal responsibility is such a diminishing trait.

Dear lord, there is a recording played BEFORE the lights are dimmed, urging you to stay where you are until the lighting returns to normal. If you absolutely MUST move during the parade, it is your responsibility to be careful. I HOPE the judge laughs this fool out of the court room!

The sad facts are that it's cheaper for companies to settle these suits rather than go to court and defend themselves. He will probably get some money. Not what he's suing for, but likely he'll get something.

All very true a person can sue. However you have to have a reason for the tripping, a broken sidewalk, ice, oily, cracks, etc. In addition the person must use due diligence and safety. Being dark makes it more of the responsibility of the person to walk carefully. I curb on a street is something to be expected. Just tripping will not do it.

AKK

Strongly disagree.

Strongly disagree.

Well we can agree to disagree..no biggie. If we all agreed on he Dis it would not be any fun!

Personal responsibility is slowly coming back. There are fewer settlements out of court as the insurance companies are fighting claims more.

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter