Man Arrested Trying To Cash $360 Billion Check

meloneyb21

DIS Veteran
He thought he would get away with this? For real? :confused3

http://www.nbc10.com/news/16107764/detail.html

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Police in Texas said a 21-year-old man was arrested and accused of trying to cash a check for $360 billion.

Police in Fort Worth said they arrested Charles Fuller last week when bank tellers noticed the ridiculously large amount and called the woman whose name was on the check.

The woman said Fuller is her daughter's boyfriend, but she had not given him a check -- and certainly not one for billions of dollars.

Fuller has been charged with fraud, police said.

Police said they found 2 ounces of marijuana and a gun in his pockets when they arrested him, so he also faces charges for unlawfully carrying a weapon and possession of marijuana.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I saw that on the news last night...that's just too dang funny.

My boss used to have a sign in his office..."You just can't fix STUPID"

Darwinism. ;) This is what comes of child safety seats, bike helmets and wood chips under the playground swings/monkeybars.

He thought he would get away with this? For real? :confused3

http://www.nbc10.com/news/16107764/detail.html

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Police in Texas said a 21-year-old man was arrested and accused of trying to cash a check for $360 billion.

Police in Fort Worth said they arrested Charles Fuller last week when bank tellers noticed the ridiculously large amount and called the woman whose name was on the check.

The woman said Fuller is her daughter's boyfriend, but she had not given him a check -- and certainly not one for billions of dollars.

Fuller has been charged with fraud, police said.

Police said they found 2 ounces of marijuana and a gun in his pockets when they arrested him, so he also faces charges for unlawfully carrying a weapon and possession of marijuana.

That likely explains it. I'm guessing there were a few ounces "disposed" of shortly before his little visit to the bank.

Seriously what was he thinking...well I mean I know he wasn't but seriously. Did he think he could get away with that?

Okay, the other thing that get's me is that he tried to "cash" the check - not deposit - CASH it!

Most banks don't carry many (if any) $1,000 notes - usually $100's are the most common, unless a special request has been made in advance.

So, $360 Billion, in $100's, is 3.6 Billion Bills!

He had a fleet of semi's waiting outside?

Okay, perhaps the reporter simply used the term "cash" in a generic sense - but seriously - stupidity personified.

Okay, the other thing that get's me is that he tried to "cash" the check - not deposit - CASH it!

Most banks don't carry many (if any) $1,000 notes - usually $100's are the most common, unless a special request has been made in advance.

Okay, perhaps the reporter simply used the term "cash" in a generic sense - but seriously - stupidity personified.

omg......DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THAT...:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: WHAT A DORK

More footage for TruTV's World's Dumbest Criminals!! :lmao:

Would you like big bills, sir?

Actually, 1000 bills aren't used at all anymore. I've worked in banking several years and anytime we find something odd like that we HAVE to send it in to the Feds-- who take it out of circulation.

And I doubt any bank really has that much anyway. :scared1: We get nervous when we get close to a million... the minute the Brinks guy gets there we're ecstatic! :cheer2:

Actually, 1000 bills aren't used at all anymore. I've worked in banking several years and anytime we find something odd like that we HAVE to send it in to the Feds-- who take it out of circulation.

And I doubt any bank really has that much anyway. :scared1: We get nervous when we get close to a million... the minute the Brinks guy gets there we're ecstatic! :cheer2:

Thanks, that's why I said "if any". Wasn't sure of the status of the $1,000 bill in the U.S. - I think they still exist in Canada - but you can't get one without a special request.

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if any publicly accessable branch had that much on hand - for that matter, the storage space to have that much on hand.

Thanks, that's why I said "if any". Wasn't sure of the status of the $1,000 bill in the U.S. - I think they still exist in Canada - but you can't get one without a special request.

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if any publicly accessable branch had that much on hand - for that matter, the storage space to have that much on hand.

No problem. :goodvibes

I'd love to see a 1000 bill one day. I think it'd be so neat! :thumbsup2

They are not in circulation here anymore either. Biggest bill is the $100.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, is he? How did he figure he'd carry that much out? In billion dollar bills? Duh :lmao:
We have $1000 bills here but I would imagine that it would get pretty heavy...

Everyone knows that Tellers have to alert the authorities for checks over $300 billion, now if he'd just made it out for $299 billion perhaps no one would have noticed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter