• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mama's or 50's PT?

PatsGirl

DIS Veteran
We have ADR at Mama Melrose but today I've seen many bad reviews on these boards at MM. Do you think we (me-Mom, DS17, DD10 and DDBFF10) should switch to 50's Prime Time? We really have to eat at MGM unfortunately or I can think of many places I'd switch to. TIA. Brenda

Yes, YES, YES! Get out while you still can!:scared1: Hehehehe. Definity switch to '50s, without question. We HATED MM.:eek:

I've eaten at MM twice and both times had an excellent meal. BUT, it is not much different than an Italian style restaurant in style. If looking for something with that touch of Disney.......Haven't been to 50's but I may try because from the pictures it looks so different and I've never heard bad things about the food. If the server has fun with you all, then you've had an added experience, younger ones especially will enjoy.

I haven't eaten at MM, so I can't speak for it. But we really did enjoy 50s PT and plan on going back.

On another MGM day we are going to go to Maya Grill at the Coronado Springs resort. From what I hear/see it is a short ride there, so thought we would do that.
Can anyone confirm that? Is the shuttle the easiest way to get from MGM to CSR?

My vote is for 50's...we never had a bad meal there.

I am not going to say my meal at MM was bad..it was very bland and boring....the aromas were better than the food. The entrees came out lukewarm...they never brought bread and we asked twice...we felt a bit rushed. We were just not impressed at all.

We have eaten at MM twice... It was not very good either time. We eat there the second time hoping it would be better and to get the fantasmic dinner package. It was worth getting the seat at the show without waiting on the line. We had to show up 30 minutes before fantasmic started and were given GREAT seats. It does not cost any extra but they do take your credit card for the reservation because they will charge you $10.00 per person if you don't show up. So, unless you plan on doing the dinner package, DON'T bother eating at MM.

Go with Prime Time or Sci-Fi. We have eaten at both and loved them. We actually enjoyed the food at Sci-Fi more. The kids really liked sitting in the car and watching the old movies. They make the best milk shake. Food portions were tremendous! Service is excellent in both places and the food is very good. You could not go wrong with either. Stay away for MM!

I personally (as well as my family) love Mama Melrose's. We go everytime we go and get the disney fantasmic package. But its your decision, I don't hate 50's but its not my favorite.

I've never been to 50's, but we had a great experience at MM in Jan. 2006. We went with my parents and sister (my dad is Italian, so we are used to good Italian food) and everyone enjoyed their meals. It was really relaxing, which was nice, and everything tasted great!

I'm in a big Italian family who only eats homemade sauce, meatballs, pasta etc. & we did not like MM at all.:eek: So that just shows every one's taste is different.

I love Mama Melrose's. It's really the only restaurant that we eat at EVERY trip to WDW. We'll be there in September on my birthday. The food is great and the service is the best anywhere. My family is a little picky, so we really appreciate the way you can order anything on the menu prepared anyway you want it. I usually get the Seafood Diavola, but always get it with only shrimp (and it's LOTS of shrimp). The chocolate cake is wonderful! It has a warm chocolate syrup center and is drizzled with raspberry sauce and garnished with raspberries. We also like 50's Prime Time, but mostly for the atmosphere. The food is okay, but not great. That's my opinion to add to everyone else's. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great time!

Never been to MM, but we really enjoyed 50's last year. It was so much fun, and the food was really good. My whole family loved the fried cheese appetizer, and the whole atmosphere is great.

Well, the responses seem to be split so I'll save myself the headache of trying to switch -- it's not like this is the Last Supper:rotfl2: Thanks everyone for your input.

It's funny how the opinions differ so much. Yesterday I was just talking to a friend of mine about our upcoming Disney trip and her dining advice was 'be sure to go to MM at MGM for a great meal!.'

We Love 50s PT! It is so much fun. The atmosphere is great, the food is great...it's just GREAT! We however haven't eaten at MM so I can't comment on them, but you can't go wrong with 50s PT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter