Mama Murphy LIVE from WDW POFQ/POP/BCV (Bad weather+Flight canceled=Longer trip!!)

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Hey DISfamily :) Happy New Year!!!!! I'm having a fantastic WDW vacation and wanted to share pics with you guys! We celebrated at Epcot today and it was wonderful!!!! :)

http://s59.photobucket.com/user/ekmurphy12/library/Disney December 2013

I'm uploading more right now so keep checking back for updates all week. We are here until January 6th. It's just my mom and I , a relaxing mother/daughter trip. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

wow great fireworks display at MK for New Years! Have fun on your mother daughter trip. Love POFQ, and all of the Christmas decor around WDW.

wow great fireworks display at MK for New Years! Have fun on your mother daughter trip. Love POFQ, and all of the Christmas decor around WDW.

Today has been a washout, at the movies now. But glad I'm not home in the snow and below zero temps. ;)

I haven't been able to upload any pics the last 2 days because in-room wifi isn't working here at POFQ. :(

Erika...How did I miss this...:confused3

Always enjoy your live TR's...Hope that you and your mom are having a great time!:goodvibes

Erika...how were the crowds at Epcot for New Years? How are the crowds right now? I'm assuming when you called Jan. 2 a "washout" is was lots of rain?

Erika...How did I miss this...:confused3 Always enjoy your live TR's...Hope that you and your mom are having a great time!:goodvibes

We have had a lot of fun thanks! :) it's such a different vacation without the kids. We spend a LOT of time shopping. ;) LOL

this hasn't really been much of a trip report, but I have been updating my photos on photobucket along the way.

Erika...how were the crowds at Epcot for New Years? How are the crowds right now? I'm assuming when you called Jan. 2 a "washout" is was lots of rain?

Epcot on NYE was very crowded yes. Castmembers did their best to divide the walkways with ropes to keep traffic moving , but I wouldn't recommend it for small children. We arrived around noon and could barely walk around the WS. Lines for food and drinks were insane. We finally found a semi-decent line at lotus blossom to get food but it was very chaotic. Many people were eating standing up or sitting on the ground. After that we stood in line 45 minutes to get dessert in France , by the time we came back outside it was dark and the walkways were like sardines. We watched the 6:30 illuminations and then walked back into future world to escape the insanity. Having the FP viewing was a total lifesaver. We had the perfect view of the show. I saw people camped out with blankets sleeping around the lagoon all day holding spots , mind blowing!!

We ended up hanging out down in front of mousegears just listening to the DJ and people watching. Then we left the park around 9 or 10. That worked out perfectly for us. I knew mom wasn't going to be able to handle the crowd at midnight.

We went back to Epcot New Year's Day and it was fine. More like a typical park day. Crowded but doable, especially since we already had our FP+.

Mk has been crazy all week. Friday there was probably one of the largest crowds I have ever seen. This first week of January has definitely become one of the most popular of the year no doubt. I was so glad we saw mk's New Years show on 12/30. I wasn't going to attempt it on 12/31. If you come during this time use your FP+ and expect a lot of long lines. Mom and I are fine with just riding 3 things and calling it a day. I'm not waiting 60, 90, 100 minutes for mid level rides and the main rides are all 2+ hours. No thanks! ;)

Counter service lines at mk were wrapped around the outside of every building. Worst I've ever seen. Columbia harbor house's line started back at the potato cart!!! Maybe because of the quick service dining plan?? We ate Mickey pretzels instead. :)

Yes January 2nd was rainy and mom doesn't like to get wet. So we didn't venture out too much that day. :)

Thanks so much for the detailed reply! Have you hit the other two parks on this trip and were they crowded?What about your resort...does it seem fully booked?

Thanks so much for the detailed reply! Have you hit the other two parks on this trip and were they crowded?What about your resort...does it seem fully booked?

We've been to all 4 parks. Mk definitely is the busiest. FP+ is key. POFQ does seen booked pretty solid but it hasn't been a problem. It's just such a small resort we never have lines at the food court or bus. Riverside seems to be insanely crowded. When we have stopped there on our way to the studios there are lots of people waiting and it's standing room only for those people.

SURPRISE, I'm still here!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Haven't you always wondered what it would be like to reach the end of your vacation and then decide to stay longer??? :thumbsup2 :goodvibes My flight today was canceled, as I figured it would be, so I've decided to stay. Just checked in to my room at Pop Century! It's my first SOLO trip!!! An impromptu solo trip!!!! :woohoo: :cloud9: I'm going to hang here for 3 more nights and then go join the rest of my family at the Beach Club for 4 nights this weekend, they were already coming in for the marathon. So my trip just turned into 14 nights! :rolleyes1 Is that insane??? YES!!!!!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

There are so many people stuck here it is WILD!!! I met several today as I was renting a car. I talked to some people who were supposed to fly to Chicago on Saturday and still can't get home. I talked to people whose flights were canceled so they were renting cars and DRIVING home!! :scared1: They are very brave, or possibly crazy. LOL

So anyway, here I am :wizard:

What a PERFECT place to get stranded!!! Enjoy!!!

How did you like French Quarter? We are staying there for the first time in May with our 8year old. I was happy to see the pics of the new bedding you posted-thanks!

We've also never been to Pop but want to go over and look around while we are staying at FQ in case it's an option for a future trip (especially since the bank account would like Pop's price better too!)

Have FUN!!!!

SURPRISE, I'm still here!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Haven't you always wondered what it would be like to reach the end of your vacation and then decide to stay longer??? :thumbsup2 :goodvibes My flight today was canceled, as I figured it would be, so I've decided to stay. Just checked in to my room at Pop Century! It's my first SOLO trip!!! An impromptu solo trip!!!! :woohoo: :cloud9: I'm going to hang here for 3 more nights and then go join the rest of my family at the Beach Club for 4 nights this weekend, they were already coming in for the marathon. So my trip just turned into 14 nights! :rolleyes1 Is that insane??? YES!!!!!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

There are so many people stuck here it is WILD!!! I met several today as I was renting a car. I talked to some people who were supposed to fly to Chicago on Saturday and still can't get home. I talked to people whose flights were canceled so they were renting cars and DRIVING home!! :scared1: They are very brave, or possibly crazy. LOL

So anyway, here I am :wizard:

French Quarter is definitely my favorite mod. It's not crowded even when it's booked solid, we never waited in line for food or a bus. The small size really makes you feel relaxed. For the bus routes that do share with Riverside you get picked up first so you always have a seat, which isn't the case for the Riverside folks, they commonly had to stand.

I think the rooms are worth the extra cost over Pop because you get queen beds, two sinks, and a larger fridge. Of course for me being alone right now Pop is fine. :) With my AP discount the room was only $71. Can't beat that! :goodvibes

Wow that's great enjoy some me time!! As much as I love my family some solo time sounds nice! :)

Dinner at the Poly for one! :)

26C46192-A509-4613-A09E-774DE292D51D_zpsdzehpbrz.jpg

French Quarter is definitely my favorite mod. It's not crowded even when it's booked solid, we never waited in line for food or a bus. The small size really makes you feel relaxed. For the bus routes that do share with Riverside you get picked up first so you always have a seat, which isn't the case for the Riverside folks, they commonly had to stand.

I think the rooms are worth the extra cost over Pop because you get queen beds, two sinks, and a larger fridge. Of course for me being alone right now Pop is fine. :) With my AP discount the room was only $71. Can't beat that! :goodvibes

That is great news about French Quarter, thanks! We are excited! $71 at Pop is pretty darn good though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter