• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mama Melrose

You will get a hot mess if mixed reviews on it. We like it, and always do it for the F! Package. The calamari is good, as are the flatbreads, haven't had a bad pasta dish here either.

We ate there for the fantasmic package and the food was ok. My husband thought it was great, I however am just not a fan of that kind if food ..,it was good though! Honestly the best part was our server. Our DD at the time was just over 1 and was on a crazy yogurt kick...I had ran out of yogurt by dinner. I asked if by some miracle they had yogurt kicking around in the back and she said they didn't. I told it was all good, hopefully she would eat some pasta!! Our server came back a few minutes later with three containers of yogurt and grapes!! I looked at her completely astonished and she said she ran to pizza planet real quick and grabbed some!! She had to leave half way through our dinner for an emergency but I made sure to talk to the manager and left a substantial tip for the manager to give to her for her outstanding service!!!

We had dinner there a couple of years ago. It wasn't outstanding, but we enjoyed it.

Sorry if this offends people, but I would not go by bad reviews here. I think just about every Disney restaurant gets some bad reviews on this site. Okay, I admit, some places get more than others :)

I'd agree with SandiR about the negative reviews. Unfortunately, the opposite is also true.

I'd just give it a try.

My family really likes Mama Melrose. Food and atmosphere are great. This place seems to have some haters....and I'm not sure why. Some say it's equivalent to the chain restaurant Olive Garden...I disagree. Mama Melrose is definitely better than Olive Garden.

We really like to do the Fantasmic package here. Those seats really are better than the rest, with half the wait.

I have a reservation for mama melrose in September. What is everyone's opinion of it?

We've eaten there twice, first time was great and second time was just ok. With that said, I agree with SandiR that all restaurants get both good and bad reviews as everyone's experience/opinion is different. If the menu looks appealing to you, I'd give it a try.

Our Ratings of Mama Melrose: (*rev 1/4/2014*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes
. . . entree:.. Herb-roasted Pork Chop, Oven-baked Chicken alla Parmigiana
. . . dessert:. Chocolate Cannoli Cake

NOTE: The Italian restorante does try to serve authentic dishes, but like most WDW
eateries, is highly Americanized. Even though, the food is tasty and pleasingly plated.
But, the pricing is high for the meals offered, bringing the value rating down to a "C".
We were not satisfied with our paying $20 for spaghetti with clams and clam sauce,
and the $22 Pork Chop was overpriced. They have an Italian wine cellar, but nothing
to write home about. Even with these, the eatery is more than acceptable as in-park
eateries and is above average.

we like I a lot, however we have only been twice for lunch and every place has its ups an downs but for us it was good

good food and great service

MM was one of our favorites from our past trip.:thumbsup2

That being said, it is very hard to judge a restaurant from the reviews on here. You really just need to give it a try.

We always go here on our trips. It does get mixed reviews on the boards, but we have gone 6x and always liked it. We share a few flatbread pizzas (they are yummy), waitstaff has been great, always an enjoyable experience for us.

I've only been there once, but it was such an enjoyable experience. I have it booked for my next trip in July. The food was good. The atmosphere was cliche Italian. The wait staff were extremely funny and friendly. However, I think is not as enjoyable for kids. We were a party of 16+, in age, and if there were any younger kids, they would not have had the same experience because the wait staff really made the meal for us. They were funny, attentive, and open. At the same time, the food was filling and great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter