Mama Melrose

That is too bad. thankfully we have the Fantasmic package on July 14th and our dinner time is 4pm. which may be a good thing from what i read on here. LOL

I must be incredibly lucky, since everytime our family has gone, we have had a terrific meal. It's one of our DDs faves. Last time we went they had a the FDP menu, but I think the only thing that was different was that you got a family stlye salad and a flat bread, entree, and dessert.

I hope my luck holds out, we have ADRs for August.

We dined at MM in August of 2006. Thank goodness for free dining. We will not be returning to MM this August. Food and service were just OK.

:goodvibes :goodvibes

eeyoresnr -

One thing I have learned from reading this board is that you will find opinions from one end of the spectrum to the other. You should go ahead and try MM - it may end up being one of your favorites. Just because it wasn't for us does not mean it won't work for you. As Tink said in a previous post - her family has always had a great meal. go and enjoy!

Sorry you had a less than stellar experience at MM. We've always enjoyed the food there. However, the service has never been great -- not bad but not really good either.

well, the more I thought about it, the more worried I got, so we changed our ADR from Mama Melrose's to Coral Reef Dec 16:banana:

That is too bad. thankfully we have the Fantasmic package on July 14th and our dinner time is 4pm. which may be a good thing from what i read on here. LOL

We will be there the same day around the same time for the Fantasmic package as well. Maybe we'll see you there!

i will have my mickey head on my bag so look for me.

We loved Mama Melrose when we ate there in July 06, and we're returning for the Fantasmic package on July 10. One thing I've learned from these boards is that there are lots of different opinions about every single restaurant (and resort) at Disney.

We ate at Mama Melrose in Aug 2006 (during free dining) for the Fantasmic Dinner Package and are going back again in Aug 2007 (no free dining this time). I recall the food being fine, as was the service.

So you just never know.....don't cancel based on the disboard opinions. For ten bad experiences, you will most likely find another ten good ones.

We've always had pretty good experiences with Disney restaurants, so I think it all depends on when you go. :cutie:

We used to love Mama's but recently had inattentive service, mediocre food, no bread served with the meal (the server told me they stopped serving bread "last week").

(the server told me they stopped serving bread "last week").
:rotfl:

Was that just his way of getting out of bringing you bread. I swear sometimes these waiters stand in the back and make things up for the day!

I am not really pleased with the choices for the Fantasmic Package and although we aren't thrilled with MM either, we're headed back this trip. I didn't like the choices for the kids at the other restaurants and we are pasta eaters (they do have pasta there, right?)

We ate here several years ago (2002) and really liked it. I thought we would give it a try this year and do the Fantasmic package. Now I'm a little worried! I looked at the Fantasmic menu on All Ears, and I think we'll probably be ok. Do the kids order from the Fantasmic dinner menu, or do they have to order from the regular kids menu?

We were at MM on July 4. We ate there because of the Fantasmic reserved seating. The food was just average, -- I could not believe that bread was not provided at an Italian Restaurant -- had to ask for some to go with my soup, but did not receive it until right before the main course. Let me say this -- I had a counter service pasta meal later in the week at Pop Century that was better than MM.

Of course, everyone has tough nights, but the restaurant was not overly busy. It was about an hour before we received our main course and almost 25 minutes between the appetizer (soup) and the main course. I felt that was way too long.

Good luck!

shame about your meal, we are eating here in september so hopefully it will be okay then,

We had heard the same thing about the service so we cancelled it on our last trip. Sorry you had a disappointing meal.

We were there on July 1st, and had the best service of our entire trip (with the exception of 50s Prime Time). I guess it depends on your waiter/waitress. I don't remember if we got bread or not before our meal (I don't eat it), but no one at my table missed it if we didn't.

We thought the food was great, too...we'd been there back in 2000, and weren't crazy about it then, but were pleasantly surprised this year. I guess it depends on your server...we ate at other places that people just rave about, and the food was good, but if the service is so important!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter