Mama Melrose VS Sci FI

We are actually doing both on our next trip. My family loves Sci-fi for the food, atmosphere, and the cheesy B rated sci fi movie clips...I would have some very disappointed members of my family if I didn't make an ADR here, so I made one for an early lunch. Then for a late dinner (right before the park closes) I made an ADR for Mama Melrose since DH had requested this restaurant. This restaurant is good, but for some reason DH really likes it...so we are getting the best of both worlds :goodvibes.

We had a good meal at Mama Melrose. I had the chicken parm dinner. It was good. I enjoy going to the Sci Fi for the atmosphere. The food is okay, but I enjoy the food better at Mama Melrose.

Never done mama melrose ( I'm Italian and picky) but we love SciFi. The food is nothing unique, but it is solid and well executed and you can't beat the atmosphere

That's tough, I like them both. Sci Fi definitely wins for atmosphere though, but in terms of the food, I'd say they're pretty equal, it just depends on what you feel like eating, Italian or burgers and sandwiches.

Both.
The food was eh and the Movies weren't our thing
Service so-so
I suppose eating in the car was cute

One kid was terrified of the movie previews at sci fi and spent most of the meal under the table :/ the other thought eating in a car was the Best. Thing. Ever. I thought the food was only ok and like the food at mama melroses better but neither are a "must do again" for us.

I'd probably go back to sci fi though, if I could talk my son into it, just because i also thought it was neat to eat in a car with the movie previews playing.

Mama Melrose would be our family choice. The food is good and the service highly attentive.

The movie clips at Sci-Fi need to be replaced and cycle for a longer period of time before repeating.

That said, you will have fun at either locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter