Mama Melrose or 50's Prime Time

debster

Mouseketeer
Looking for a good dinner at MGM. Which would you pick and why?

We are not interested in doing the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

Mama Melrose has some really tasty Italian food! We all split a flat bread pizza for an appetizer and I had chicken parm which was very tasty. We have always enjoyed what we've eaten there.

Now, 50s Prime Time is really a fun place to eat. The waiters and waitresses treat the adults like they are kids and makes sure you clean your plate! haha. It has more of a selection like sandwiches, burgers, etc. We also have enjoyed all our meals there.

As a matter of personal preference, I would prefer to go to Mama Melrose, but it really depends on what type of food you're looking to eat. Both are good and I think you'd be happy with either.

I hope that helps!

I vote for Mama Melrose--we had the same thing as WDWHeather! Chicken flatbread pizza and chicken parmesan (and DD's kid's meal, a huge bowl of spaghetti), which were all great. I loved the atmosphere here, very relaxed and our waiter Kevin was just the best. We were celebrating DH's bday, so I had ordered a cake, too. Not only did we get the cake, they had upgraded it to the next size up (8 people size !!!!). Wonderful white cake, raspberry filling, buttercream, yum! So there we went through the park, and to Fantasmic with a cake box, back to the hotel!:rotfl2: Hey, we had dessert for two more nights!

We don't like Mama's but we did like the food at 50's. The server we had was a dud but the food was good and it was a fun atmosphere anyway.

I like both...however I feel like I get more of the "Disney" experience at the prime time! The food is good both places but I like the attention at prime time...what can I say? You definitely have to have a sense of humor though! Either choice will not be a bad one!

Although both are great, it is total preference.

My feeling is that we can have good italian anytime, but where else can you dine and have as much fun as 50's primetime? My mom came out of the bathroom and our server questioned her in front of the entire room asking her if she washed her hands..when she said Yes, he asked her what color the soap was..:rotfl: lots of fun!

Hope you have a great time whatever you decide:cool1:

We would definitely go with 50's primetime. You can't beat the food or entertainment at this place. And the desserts are awesome.:goodvibes

Our vote is for 50's Prime Time, the best fried chicken and great cocktails. Been there 3 times.

Tried Mama Melrose for the first time this past Dec, not impressed, bland food.

50's is fun and my girls love it there..nice menu selection. Melrose is OK Ilove the flat bread pizzas but I can have pizza anytime. I an up for the 50's

We ate one time at 50's in Sept. 2005. It was not a good time! We waited 65 mins with a ADR, standing because seating in the LIVING ROOM is limited.
To make matters worst our waitress was not into it,and the food was not so hot. DH had to return his food becasue it was not cooked all the way, and that was after he had waited for it and the rest of the group was served dinner. This was on my top list of places to eat at Disney World,it is now on the bottom list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter