Mama Melrose opinions

We love that place - but we eat the Italian food. I'd never order something like a steak at an Italian place. LOL My kids like the Flatbread (son had pepperoni and Daughter had cheese) , and my husband and I have had several things on the menu.

I'd eat there again.

Just went over Christmas week. Our service was a Little slow but a very nice waitress.
Food was very salty and sauce tasted like it came out of a can.:crazy2: We went a few years ago and even then it wasn't the best but DH wanted to try it. We won't be back~~ sorry to say.

We stopped going when they added it to the Fantasmic dinner plan. The wait is too long, the place is too busy. Still, we used to enjoy the flatbread and they usually have a good special.

I've scheduled dinner here my last 2 visits and was very satisfied both times. I love the atmosphere and the food is excellent. I had an amazing server in 2015; not so much on my last visit (last week). She just seemed very busy and stressed out. I ordered a seafood pasta dish that was excellent.

We went to MM for the first time on our last trip and absolutely loved it. DD got an Alfredo chicken noodle dish, DH got some phenomenal Risotto & I got a yummy steak! It will be on our must do list from here on! Enjoy!

We are here in Sept and Dec last year and had a great experience both times. The only thing I don't like is their red sauce, it tastes like a tin can. So we love all of the flatbreads except the margarita for that reason. Whatever the fish of the day dish is always delicious.

My family has always enjoyed Mama Melrose. We dined there this past August and the Pork Tenderloin Saltimbocca was very tasty.

I would love to know if the flatbreads have returned. We were there just before Thanksgiving and they weren't available.
Anyone have any info?

Thanks!!
Carla

Does anyone know what the latest time is for the Fantasmic "package" reservation? We went last year and I think we were able to get a 5:00 fantasmic reservation, but for our next trip in July, I am only seeing 3:00 as the latest. A little bit too early for us...

We enjoy it, but we go in expecting the equivalent of chain Italian. I would say it is better than Olive Garden, about equivalent to Macaroni Grill.

I was pleasantly surprised with how much we all enjoyed our dinner at MM the last time we went. We were on the meal plan and everything else at the Studios was booked for dinner, because being that I live in an area that is known for it's great Italian food, I often think it's horrible whenever I travel...especially after we ate at Tony's and hated it. I hesitating making the ressie, but MM was really good. The service was great, as well.

They are usually running behind on reservation times, but the food and servers we've had there have been great. The strip steak I had there (twice) was probably the best steak I've had on property. Also, the seafood pasta dish was very good too. Never had the pizza there, going to try that next time.

As far as the Fantasmic package, I've only ever seen very early times as compared to the other restaurants.

We have been several times the most recent being the end of November 2016. they do tend to run a bit behind with getting you seated but the service has always been good. We all felt that the menu was not as good this time around as it has been in the past but we all enjoyed our choices very much - we were a party of 4 adults. In the past we felt that the desserts were outstanding but they have changed a bit and this time we opted just for the gellato which was good. I guess overall, this last visit was good but not as good as the past. And it is by no means a quick meal. the service is very good but it is not a zip in and zip out meal.

Done many meals there. My favorite is the strip steak and mac and cheese! Yummy! We have always had to wait past our ADR time. Service has always been very good once we get in.

Haven't been in a few years, but the flat breads were really good. And their Sangria is excellent!

It has been years since we ate there. It holds the spot for our worst dining experience at WDW ever! We had bad service and bad food! I would love to hear more recent reviews...I would like to give it another try...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter