Mama Melrose Fantasmic- worth credit

Wyattsmom

Earning My Ears
We have a reservation for Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic package.
Does that cost extra?

Also- we have the dining plan but Hollywood studios was the one day I planned on counter service only.
I've never been to Fantasmic. Is the VIP seating "worth it"?

The counter service in HS leaves a lot to be desired. We always use the dining plan, and the past few years we have done the Fantasmic package (FDP) at Mama Melrose. The FDP is 1 credit on the DP, so in that regard it doesn't "cost" any extra. It really depends on what else you are using your credits for. We find that it is a good value on the DP because it includes an appetizer. A few years ago I would've said the food is not good, but they revamped the menu and maybe changed chefs. We like it now. The seats are ok. We like knowing that we don't have to stand on the regular line in the summer when we go.

The FDP at MMs is a set price if you are paying OOP, or 1TS credit on the DDP. Because it includes an appetizer as well as your entree, dessert and beverage, it is a very good value on the DDP. Yes, we think its worth it.

Yes worth it. My entire family really enjoyed the food and liked not having to wait in line for Fantasmic

Sorry, I should clarify. The only reason we got the ADR is for the VIP Fantasmic tickets.
Is the VIP seating so much better than the regular seating that you'd spend a table service credit?

"Worth" is such a subjective thing. Obviously you are not interested in the food.
I don't think the seats are so much better than the regular seating. The value for most folks in not having to stand in line for up to or even over an hour during busy seasons.
Only you know your tolerance for waiting in line

FWIW Mama Melrose was our absolute favorite meal last trip! (We did F! package - but it got rained out that night!)

to us its VERY worth it. dont have to worry about getting a FP+ for the show, get an appetizer with dinner and it didnt cost anything.

We have a reservation for Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic package.
Does that cost extra?

Also- we have the dining plan but Hollywood studios was the one day I planned on counter service only.
I've never been to Fantasmic. Is the VIP seating "worth it"?
If you are using regular DDP, then you are getting more food for your 1-credit than any other, since you are also receiving an appetizer for the prix fixe menu.

As an added bonus, you also get a Fantasmic! seat that is rivaled by few others in the Theater.

This may be the best use of 1-credit anyplace in Disney.

Glad to have found this thread...went ahead & pulled the trigger, mainly for the seating at F!. We can handle lunch/dinner at 3:50 pm if it saves an hour or two later down the road...

Is the appetizer with the F! package per person, one to share for the whole table, or one per "X" amount of people...?

This was one of our favorite meals on our last trip. It is a good value on the DDP, and because you can get the earlier seating, you can skip lunch, enjoy a nice dinner and then maybe have a snack during Fantasmic!

We did the package and it was one of the better meals on our trip. The tuna appetizer was delicious! Our seats for the show were in the front of the stage and about 10 rows up. My kids are small and they were able to see everything perfectly. It was also nice to not have to worry about getting in line extra early and sitting on the benches for a long time waiting for the show to start.

Is it true that you don't get a dessert choice on this and are only offered the dessert platter?

One of our better meals too. I had the steak with Mac n cheese and felt the steak blew away the one at le cellier a few days more. We really enjoyed our experience there and will go back. Seating was fine and we walked in last minute maybe 15 min before show started

Is it true that you don't get a dessert choice on this and are only offered the dessert platter?

Yup. It's a dessert platter to be shared by the entire table. I have a dairy allergy so I was offered my own dessert. I had Rice Dream Ice Cream, but I don't remember the other options.

We went just last week and enjoyed the meal and found it was a good value. The seating was great for us, and we got there just 15-20 minutes before the show started and had great seats right up front. My DD loved it. Since I've heard you have to arrive quite a bit early for general seating, it seemed worth it for us to not have to carve out extra time to make sure we got good seats otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter