• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mama Melrose F! Package

Wes1stTrip2016

DIS Veteran
Now that I have happily scored my final reservation for our trip, I'm curious on how this meal package works.

Reservation is for 4pm and F! is 7pm. When we get to our meal, do we have to tell them we have the Fantasmic package or will they know? Do they give you your tickets for the show or are they on our magic bands? Lastly what time should be arrive at the show since we already have our seats.

Thank you!!

They will have it on your reservation, but it never hurts to remind your server. The server will give you a voucher at the end of your meal. You want to be seated 30 minutes or so before the show. If the theatre is approaching capacity they will open up the reserved seats to standby shortly after that.

I heard that you can't pick dessert off the menu here anymore with the package. Has anyone done this recently that can report on what the meal is like?

We did it last week. The food was really good. We had avoided Mama Melrose like the plague for 6 years because we had had such a horrible dining experience there. I'm glad we went back. Both my husband and I had the New York Strip Steak. It was excellent. With the F! Package, each person gets a full app. We shared the calamari and the fresh mozzarella tomato with basil salad (Caprese). Both were very good. For dessert, they bring you a sampler that has 3 different items on it. Dessert was not inspirational, but the rest of the meal was. We will definitely go back.

We did it last week. The food was really good. We had avoided Mama Melrose like the plague for 6 years because we had had such a horrible dining experience there. I'm glad we went back. Both my husband and I had the New York Strip Steak. It was excellent. With the F! Package, each person gets a full app. We shared the calamari and the fresh mozzarella tomato with basil salad (Caprese). Both were very good. For dessert, they bring you a sampler that has 3 different items on it. Dessert was not inspirational, but the rest of the meal was. We will definitely go back.

Thanks! Good to know. Same info about the dessert as the other person. They had one sampler of 3 things for 3 people. You had it for 2. We will be 4 people. Seems strange to just have one for the table..

At our table of six, each person received their own small sampler platter with 3 miniature desserts on each. At my DSIL's table of seven, they had two full sized platters of full sized desserts to share. Our reservations were within 10 minutes of each other, but we were in different rooms with different servers.

WE had the dessert samplers for each of us at etable. WE were 9. It was okay. I liked dinner though and we tend to dine there every trip.

We did MM F! package back in 2011 and it turned out to be one of our best meals at Disney. That, plus no wait for F! was incredible. I hope you have a similar experience!

We did MM F! package back in 2011 and it turned out to be one of our best meals at Disney. That, plus no wait for F! was incredible. I hope you have a similar experience!

Thank you!! It's our final meal / final show before we leave on Saturday morning, so I'm hoping both the meal & F! are a fun & memorable experience to leave on.

We went last week and enjoyed it. We were all really full so asked for dessert to go. We took a hotel break and ate it then but you could also enjoy it at the show!

Taking our desert to the show is a great idea - thank you!! I wonder if the adults share the sampler but my son will get the spaghetti cupcake?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter