Mama Melrose-Dont do it!

kandb

DIS Veteran
We ate for the first time at MM this past Sunday. We thought the food was atrocious. I had the chicken parm and my daughter had the penne vodka. We actually like Olive Garden, so it's not like we eat at 5 star restaurants. Do people actually eat there and think it's good Italian food?

Those dishes are not great there (from past experiences) but because of my daughter"s gluten sensitivity, WE had the pork saltimbocca and the steak(WITHOUT the wine reduction) and these were EXCELLENT! (it did surprise us a little.) I do not do Disney pizza or pasta, except at WolfgangPuck. (Florida water is too soft for those things to come out as I like them.)

Must have been an off night? Although we didn't have those dishes, the two we had in November were two of the best things we ate all week! So sorry your experience there wasn't good!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at MM. It is one of our must do restaurants each trip. Fun time, great service (we have enjoyed the company and service of the same cast member for a decade) and good food.

I feel your pain. This is one of our least favorite restaurants and I'm always amazed at the rave reviews it gets. More than any other part of the parks food is so subjective and what's amazing to one is stomach churning to another. I've even seen positive reviews for H&V which I thought was the most universally dislike place on property.

Although I'm reading what your writing and have experienced the same thing myself, we are going to give it yet one more try. We wanted the Fantasmic! package and HBD wasn't available, so we are going to give it another shot. This will be our 3rd attempt, maybe this time will be better.

We like it but we don't order those dishes, typically we rotate between the steak, pork, seafood and flatbreads.

I don't like 'chain' Italian food and it just always reminded me of that so I never ventured for those dishes

Perhaps we ordered the wrong things. My husband got the steak and didn't like the sauce on it. The Italian food was really bad IMO.

Interesting to here it was bad, we have never tried it. I love Tutto Italia so much and don't want to be disappointed.

Interesting to here it was bad, we have never tried it. I love Tutto Italia so much and don't want to be disappointed.
You couldn't compare the 2 IMO, MM is definitely low grade Italian IMO
Comparing the two would be wrong.
We only do MM for the Fantasmic seating, just like we only do Chef Mickeys for the characters

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter