Mama Melrose Blegh...

danielmorgan03

Mouseketeer
We went to Mama Melrose's on Thursday for the Fantasmic package. They served my wife and I chicken parm that had sen on the hotplate for quite some time. It was so old the cheese looked rubbery and the sauce had turned uber thick and beyond any acceptable shade of normal tomato sauce. When asked about the old food the waitress became defensive, indignant, and then ignored the table. I had to flag a manager down. It was horrid. So just check your food very closely there. :scared::furious:

That's a shame. We've never been there because of the mixed reviews. Lately i've been hearing it's pretty good so this is disappointing. :(

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy Mama's! For us, there's only two acceptable dining places at DHS. Those are Brown Derby and Mama Melroses. I agree that Mama's has gone downhill in the last few years, but they're still better than ABC Commissary or the other CS places. It may be time to head to the nearby resorts to eat.

Love Love Love Mama Melrose it was one of our best meals you must have had an off night because we couldn't say enough about it or our server!!!

Sorry you had a bad meal at Mama Melrose. My DH has ordered the chicken parmesan twice and both times raved about it. Unfortuantely, every restaurant can and does have an off night. We hit what I'm told was a bad night at WCC, but it turned us off so much that we won't go back.

Thats a shame! I hope it was just an off night. We ate here for the first time last Sept and LOVED it but I really hate the thought of food sitting under a hot plate for that long a period BUT in my experience that COULD be the server fault. The kitchen will make and plate it and its up to the server to come get it and bring it out, I would think thats why the server acted that way too.

I hope the manager made it up to you, I would try it again one day but in the last 20 yrs of going to WDW or any restaurant for that matter it can be hit or miss..

We have an ADR for this Sept again so hopefully I will not have the same experience..

We have ADR's for Mama Melrose in May...this will be our first time trying it. Honestly I have read mixed reviews...people either love it or hate it. I am just looking forward to trying something new :)

My DH and I are one of those who loves MM. I've had the chicken parm two times in a row (and other meals at other times) and have always enjoyed it. But ... if it was not up to par, they should have replaced it.

My husband and I had a fabulous meal here - it was one of our favorites. Then, my parents ate here and absolutely hated it! They have a serious consistency issue, which is too bad. I think they have the potential to be great. :confused3

we've had good to great food here several times, but 2 of the 3 times we were there the service was incredibly slow, with very long waits in between everything. Ask for a cup of coffee, it showed up 20 minutes later. Refills on sodas - might go 10-15 minutes before that showed up. And both the slow-service occasions, the restaurant was almost empty.

Once, it was so slow, the ice cream my husband ordered for dessert was ice cream soup by the time he got it. Instead of taking it back & getting another bowl, the waitress just says "sorry" as the "soup" slopped all over when she set it on the table. He didn't care enough to insist on a second bowl...was too full to eat it anyway. We just thought it was very odd that they'd even bother to attempt to serve something that melted.

We LOVE MM!

That's why I always take a review with a grain of salt. Everyone's experience can be different..even the best places have bad days.

I will agree service is slow.. I think I would have spoken to a manager on my way out the door about the wait for drinks and the soupy ice cream..Thats unacceptable. Instead of apologizing she could have just gotten another scoop of ice cream takes all of 2 minutes..
I think we can all agree customer service everywhere has gone down hill ppl just dont care anymore.. Still think MM is great and I look fwd to our ADR in Sept but I tell you I wont accept soupy ice cream or 15 minute wait for a drink.. Im really not mean tho..LOL

Went for our honeymoon July 07 and then back again June 09 with a grand gathering. Both experiences had their good points, but unfortunately it was not their food... :sick: We were most disappointed that our meal took over 2 hours, and the desserts which are usually a big finale looked store bought and not tasty. We will not be going back for quite some time.

We ate there 3 times. First time food was just okay. Same thing 2nd time...but the last time the food was awful. Waitress was terrible...we were on the dining plan and she had us order our dessert when we ordered our dinner and we never saw her again, no refill of our beverage...nothing. We won't be going there again.:mad:

We're never been over the moon about it- it's just on the rotation becasue of how limited the DHS dining choices are, but we've never had a really bad experience, just eh.

We love MM's. I wouldn't let bad reviews scare anyone off. I almost let it do that to me and we have never had a bad meal or service here.

I went in 2007 and HAVE NEVER BEEN BACK!:sad2: Had lunch there with a friend and I ordered the Eggplant Parm.....when it came out, it was the size of a half dollar coin!:scared1: And it was $14.00!! :scared1: Needless to say, I was STILL hungry after we left.:headache: Also, there were NO salt and Pepper shakers on ANY of the tables...had to ASK for them!:confused3

We've enjoyed our times at MM and are booked for September. But the different comments do bring back some thoughts about the service ... this may be true at many of the WDW restaurants though.

The servers tend to want to get your drink, take your order, and then be done with you. Someone else drops off the food. It's like they have 5 minutes to tend to your needs and then you are left to fend for yourself!

I'm going to be on the look-out for this in September and then plan to adjust the tip accordingly!

We also had a bad experience at MM. It was during Free Dining, if that makes a difference. The restaurant was FREEZING cold, it was at least half empty, despite the huge mob waiting to be seated, and we also saw our food sitting under the heat lamp for quite a long time before our server brought it to us. The food itself was bad. My DD, who will eat anything called "pizza" got through about 2 bites and that was it.

It was bad enough that we won't eat there again, despite there really being no place good in the Studios to eat. (Never eaten at Brown Derby, too much $$$ for park food.) Now we just plan our sit-down meals over at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter