Maleficent

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
Since Maleficent will be showing onboard in the next few hours (depending on where the ships are) I am happy to report it was great!!!

Just got back from a showing at our local theatre. It does not follow the traditional sleeping beauty story. The movie is told from Maleficent's point of view with stunning visuals. It was beautiful to watch. While not terribly scary I could see very young kids being a bit scared (some loud, dark scenes). Angelina did a fabulous job of capturing the essence of the character. It was a very interesting take on the classic tale. I liked it!!!

Go and enjoy!!!:thumbsup2

MJ

We saw it tonight too and it was great. I loved the story and Angelina did a fantastic job. By far my fave movie of the year so far

We cruise next week and I'm so excited to see it onboard! Even my DH wants to see it and he never lets me pick the movie!

Just saw it. I'm very liberal in what I let my kids watch, but I wouldn't take kids under 8 or 9

Good to know . My. 8 year old year old wanted to see it, but I thought it looked too dark and scary

I use www.commonsensemedia.org to gauge the age appropriateness of movies and books for DD. I find their age ratings to be right on most of the time. I also like that they go into detail about the things some might find objectionable.

I use www.commonsensemedia.org to gauge the age appropriateness of movies and books for DD. I find their age ratings to be right on most of the time. I also like that they go into detail about the things some might find objectionable.

Hey! Thank you.
Pluggedin. Com had pretty favorable things to say today. Good to hear of another source!! :thumbsup:

We just got off the Fantasy May 24-31 sailing; they premiered it on Thursday night/Friday morning at 12:01. I went with my DD13 and we both loved it. DW and DD19 did not go, as they did not want to mess up Castaway day. But all four of us saw it Friday night at the 10:45 showing. We saw it in the Walt Disney theater in 3D both times, and my daughters want to buy it as soon as it comes out. Enjoy it on the ships; it was a good movie that was really put together well.

Any thoughts on whether it will still be showing onboard in late July? It's been so long since I've been on a cruise that I've forgotten how long the movies stay.

Hey! Thank you.
Pluggedin. Com had pretty favorable things to say today. Good to hear of another source!! :thumbsup:
Another :thumbsup2 for Plugged In. I use them all the time. :)

We saw it today and I really like this version of the story. I wouldn't take young kids to it. Definitely some scary/loud scenes.

I saw it today and have to agree with everyone else it was wonderful. I loved it and would love to see it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter