Malaysia Airlines Flight Missing ... Now reporting 4 Americans possibly on board.

But when the Air France flight (447) crashed into the Atlantic, was debris found?:confused3

Yep. But it took years to find the main part of the plane, and we knew approximately where the plane went down, because it never veered off the planned flight path.

But when the Air France flight (447) crashed into the Atlantic, was debris found?:confused3
Yes.. within a week. But not large pieces til much much later.

Black boxes still pinging & found - so actual deep water site would have been located within 30 days. Which is the battery life of the devices I've read...

Yes. The plane crashed on June 1, and by June 2 debris had already begun to be discovered. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447 Scroll down to "surface search."

The way that I have seen the whole thing about MH370 not being able to crash into the ocean without leaving debris explained: for a plane crashing into the open ocean, the water's surface is almost like cement in terms of how hard the plane will hit the surface. Think about when you do a belly flop into the pool - hitting the water's surface can HURT because of the surface tension. Now think about a plane nosediving from thousands of feet in the air.

Possibly. Bu the fact that NOTHING has washed ashore or has even been spotted more than nine days later refutes that idea.

I disagree I think they will find a crash site eventually but since they have the whole if the South China Sea and the Indian Ocean to search it could take a very long time

I disagree I think they will find a crash site eventually but since they have the whole if the South China Sea and the Indian Ocean to search it could take a very long time

Then we aren't disagreeing. I never said they won't find wreckage. I said that it's possible there is no floating debris right now.

Searches in the South China Sea were called off yesterday (or the day before). I get the times mixed up with them being so far ahead of us.

Then we aren't disagreeing. I never said they won't find wreckage. I said that it's possible there is no floating debris right now.

If it crashed into water, there is no possibility IMO that there is no debris right now. If it crashed...there is debris right now, somewhere, that hasn't been found yet.

I thought I read they were sending out submarine's to scour as well. That makes it easier as well.

Possibly. Bu the fact that NOTHING has washed ashore or has even been spotted more than nine days later refutes that idea.

It refutes the idea that this plane hit water - not the idea that "a" plane hitting water would leave debris.

not sure if someone posted this yet...

2:55 PM UTC / 10:55 PM MYT
The person in control of missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 issued their last communication to air traffic control after the first set of aircraft communications was disabled, Malaysian authorities have confirmed, adding further weight to suspicion that the plane was hijacked. The Guardian

1:08 PM UTC / 9:08 PM MYT
A BBC image showing the possible last known of the MH370, based on the satellite data received

10:08 AM UTC / 6:08 PM MYT - PRESS CONFERENCE
Attended by Minister of Transport, DCA Chief, MAS CEO, IGP.
Search area expanded, nature of search has changed.
Numbers of countries involved in SAR operation have increased from 14 to 25 countries.
Foreign ministry have met representative from countries coved by northern/southern airway corridor.
Both northern/southern corridors being treated equally the same.
US, China & France are asked to provide further satellite data.
Surveillance aircraft & vessels are required for southern corridor.
Aircraft movement consistent with deliberate action
Refocusing on all crew, passenger & ground staff of MH370.
Pilot's flight simulator is being examined by export & police.
Co-pilot & pilot did not request to fly together
MH370 is airworthy, complies to the safety bulletin issued by Boeing.

Q&A
Inmarsat received 6 ping back from aircraft. Last communication is at 8:11 am MYT / 12:11 am UTC.
Fuel for typical KL – Beijing flight for 6.5 hours. Extra fuels are for emergency situation. MH370 is fuel up to 7.5-8 hours.
No SOP was breached despite the aircraft (unidentified at the time) flew past military radar.
Investigation & background check was performed on the passenger, crew & ground staff. Some foreign intelligence agencies have cleared the background check.
Authorities deny reports that the aircraft have landed somewhere.
The aircraft turn back is not pre-determined.
Immediate financial assistance is given to the families.
No additional fuel was carried by the aircraft apart from the required + emergency diversion.
Authorities denied the report that Pilot moved out from the house the day before the incident.
Pilot’s flight simulator has been taken in for investigation.
RMP defend the decision of not investigate pilot & co-pilot earlier.
Information of aircraft altitude is available, is being corroborated with the radar service operator.
Both possible corridors are being investigated.
Flight re-enactment was performed with Boeing 777 simulators.
The cargo manifest reveals no hazardous material.
2 Iranians with the stolen passports have been cleared and are not associated with any terrorist groups.
The aircraft’s minimum speed, maximum speed, location, altitude has been gleaned from the 6 satellite ping back. Concurred by independent interpolation from both US & UK investigator.

Good morning everyone, now that I had coffee:)

They did not report the pilot moving from the home, they reported that the rest of his family left the home the day before. I wish I could find that report. Must learn to save this stuff. Thanks for updating Albort

Good morning everyone, now that I had coffee:) They did not report the pilot moving from the home, they reported that the rest of his family left the home the day before. I wish I could find that report. Must learn to save this stuff. Thanks for updating Albort

I read this also, but not from one of the more reliable news sources. It also stated that the pilot was a political radical and showed a picture of him in an anti-democracy t-shirt.

If the theory is true (not saying it is or isn't) how does this Twitter guy explain the fact that the plane abruptly flew to 45,000 ft which would render the passengers unconscious? Wouldn't that make it hard for these 20 people to use their laptops for cloaking purposes? And even if they were alert enough, a few hijackers couldn't possibly keep their eyes on 20 people using laptops on a plane so I'd guess at least one could get a message out. Finally, wouldn't security on these laptops be top notch? Wouldn't the company be able to tell if anyone logged into their system from the moment the plane took off until the present?
The plane would still be pressurised at 45000 feet the same as it would at 10000 feet It isn't recommended that planes fly that high but they can do it http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngog...ngers-have-survived-777-ascent-to-45000-feet/

The cloaking technology could have been used alongside cell phone jamming equipment rendering cellphones useless as the network would be in sleep mode
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/malaysia-a...freescale-semiconductor-top-employees-1440097

They may have had help on the ground but to turn off the transponders you physically have to do it, it's a matter of holding buttons and turning dials at the same time, and the transponders are in different parts of the plane.
I think this is also the reason it was 14 minutes between losing both transponders.

The 2nd transponder was in a whole different ,so that would explain the 14 minute difference to get it turned off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter