• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Malaga excursions

Colbyrsmom

Earning My Ears
We are booked for the 2019 EBTA and unable to book the Alhambra excursions ( first choice) via DCL or outside agency. I am interested in the mamas and tapas excursion (2nd). Does anyone have any other excursion recommendations or done the mamas and tapas excursion before?

Hello, we are on the EBTA as well. We are platinum and could not book the Alhambra excursion either as I guess it sold out asap. We are using Spain Day tours in Cadiz, Lisbon and in Malaga. In Barcelona we are using Barcelona Day tours as well, this is a family owned business. We are on the wait list to see if Alhambra will release more tickets. The communication with this tour company has been Fantastic! Good luck and I hope this helps.:upsidedow

We are on the EBTA too. Can someone tell my why there is a big draw for Alhambra? I know nothing about the area. Thanks.

We don't do excursions in Andalusia, as it's so easy to self-drive with such breathtaking scenery all around. Granada - the city around Alhambra - is a max 2-hour leisurely drive in either direction, and you don't need more than 2-3 hours in Alhambra to see everything. You can also beat the cruise ship crowds if you get there before 11 AM or after 2 PM. An alternative it to take a 2-hour bus/coach on your own, or join a tour group.

Make sure to book your tickets ahead of time if not travelling with a tour group:
https://www.tripsavvy.com/alhambra-tickets-and-tours-1644404

1. If you aren't going to make it back in the region anytime soon again, I'd definitely make an effort to see Alhambra.

2. If there's an excursion to Ronda, that would be my second recommendation. Ronda is a dramatic clifftop city with arguably the best views in all of Spain. It's also a max 2-hour drive from Malaga.

3. You can stay in Malaga and tour its own Alcazaba and/or hit one of the many local beaches.

4. High-speed AVE trains can get you to Cordoba in just 1.5 hours in each direction. Mezquita - the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba - is a major attraction.

5. The drive to Gibraltor and the rock at the edge are breathtaking. You won't have time to ferry it over to Morocco/Tangier, but you can see all of it from the rock.

We don't do excursions in Andalusia, as it's so easy to self-drive with such breathtaking scenery all around. Granada - the city around Alhambra - is a max 2-hour leisurely drive in either direction, and you don't need more than 2-3 hours in Alhambra to see everything. You can also beat the cruise ship crowds if you get there before 11 AM or after 2 PM. An alternative it to take a 2-hour bus/coach on your own, or join a tour group.

Make sure to book your tickets ahead of time if not travelling with a tour group:
https://www.tripsavvy.com/alhambra-tickets-and-tours-1644404

1. If you aren't going to make it back in the region anytime soon again, I'd definitely make an effort to see Alhambra.

2. If there's an excursion to Ronda, that would be my second recommendation. Ronda is a dramatic clifftop city with arguably the best views in all of Spain. It's also a max 2-hour drive from Malaga.

3. You can stay in Malaga and tour its own Alcazaba and/or hit one of the many local beaches.

4. High-speed AVE trains can get you to Cordoba in just 1.5 hours in each direction. Mezquita - the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba - is a major attraction.

5. The drive to Gibraltor and the rock at the edge are breathtaking. You won't have time to ferry it over to Morocco/Tangier, but you can see all of it from the rock.
Can you recommend a car company that will pick you up from the port? Also, what side of the road do the Spanish drive on?

We did a food tour when we were in Malaga, not DCL, and wandered around the city after. They have a Picasso museum there that we visited.

We are on the EBTA too. Can someone tell my why there is a big draw for Alhambra? I know nothing about the area. Thanks.

I think the Alhambra is exciting in its size and grandeur and history, being an example of an Islamic palace/fortress in Europe from many centuries ago. It was a palace of Moorish kings.

Hello, we are on the EBTA as well. We are platinum and could not book the Alhambra excursion either as I guess it sold out asap. We are using Spain Day tours in Cadiz, Lisbon and in Malaga. In Barcelona we are using Barcelona Day tours as well, this is a family owned business. We are on the wait list to see if Alhambra will release more tickets. The communication with this tour company has been Fantastic! Good luck and I hope this helps.:upsidedow
7Hi! We are also going on the EBTA and was wondering if you were on Spain Day tours for Alhambra. We are also booked with Barcelona Day tours for several days but the first day we are in port, we are on a waiting list for their Montserrat 1/2day. There are 3 of us and need 4 to go! Go figure. Lol I'm so very excited!

7Hi! We are also going on the EBTA and was wondering if you were on Spain Day tours for Alhambra. We are also booked with Barcelona Day tours for several days but the first day we are in port, we are on a waiting list for their Montserrat 1/2day. There are 3 of us and need 4 to go! Go figure. Lol I'm so very excited!
We are doing Barcelona Day tours the day we disembark. We would like to do 1/2 day Montserrat on the 26th. We have 3 people if you will still be there.

We are doing Barcelona Day tours the day we disembark. We would like to do 1/2 day Montserrat on the 26th. We have 3 people if you will still be there.
We booked the 1/2 day Montserrat because they said it would be the best, less crowded and Sunday we took the Barcelona 1/2day because they would know which places were closed and which were not, instead of us running all over the place.

Hello, Yes I received confirmation from Spain Day tours that they were able acquire more tickets to Alhambra yesterday. Apparently they have enough cruise line guests for 2 buses.:o
Yes its very exciting:flower1:.
We are using Barcelona Day tours for 2 full tours and they also arranged a Dinner and Flamenco show for us as well. I arranged the tours in December of last year after I read their wonderful reviews.
They have been excellent to deal with and have been able to help me with my many questions.
I hope that you are able to get the tour you want. It wont be long now.:upsidedow

I am still awaiting a response from them. If I can get in the group tour for May 25th, Barcelona, then we could change to Monserrrat on the 26th instead if you are still interested in that? Let's see what they say. Thanks!

I am so glad that this trip is coming soon. Good luck on your tour to Alhambra. They seem to be making all the right precautions for our time in port. It look very beautiful.:o
We are booked on private tours with guide in Barcelona. I sure hope they have an opening for you. Dory has been absolutely fantastic !!!
Good luck and enjoy your cruise.:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter