Mako Rising Preview Experience?

zilp

Mouseketeer
I was looking up showtimes for our trip and noticed the Mako Rising Preview Experience. Here is the description:

"Mako Rising is SeaWorld’s newest live presentation, offering guests an exclusive preview of the park’s much anticipated hyper coaster, Mako. Named after one of the ocean’s fastest known sharks, Mako will be Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster. This live-hosted, limited run preview at SeaWorld’s Nautilus Theater will entice park guests with a series of highly visual, informative and interactive sneak peeks! Guests who attend will receive special in park offers. Presentations running daily at 11:45am and 2:45pm."

I am wondering what the "special in park offers" are. Anyone know if it's worth it to attend?

When you first get there they offer a snack, I have seen either popcorn or a bag of Fritos on the days I was there. They play a game with 2 members of the audience (usually kids) and at the end they win a prize, looked like a t-shirt. Then on the way out you are given a coupon for a free dessert and/or a price reduction on a picture (think it was 50% off but don't recall right now).

It is interesting to watch, doesn't take a great deal of time, gets you a free dessert and snack, and gives you a chance to sit down in an air conditioned space. Worth it in my book to attend.

Thanks! If we're near the stadium during showtimes, I think we'll stop by. An air conditioned break, plus snack/dessert? Sold :). I just realized that the Cirque du Soleil show is now gone (was in same theater as the Mako Experience). Too bad, that was a decent show.

Yes, that show was part of the same cuts that lost the mimes from the Sea Lion show, so right now the theatre is only used for special events and concerts.

Just came back from our trip. We stopped by the Mako Rising preview. As PP mentioned, they give you a bag of chips upon entering. The presentation lasted about 15min. There was a presenter, short video and quick questionnaire game from 2 kids picked from the audience. We each received a coupon for free dessert with adult entree purchase, coupon good until May 27, 2016.

Just came back from our trip. We stopped by the Mako Rising preview. As PP mentioned, they give you a bag of chips upon entering. The presentation lasted about 15min. There was a presenter, short video and quick questionnaire game from 2 kids picked from the audience. We each received a coupon for free dessert with adult entree purchase, coupon good until May 27, 2016.

In addition to the coupon for a free dessert, on Monday of this past week we also received a coupon for $5 off a Mako family photo (taken in the Sharks exhibit).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter