Making your own centerpieces...

NeverlandClub23

AKV & OKW DVC Member
I am considering making our own centerpieces as I am very creative and won't have but 5-6 tables to make centerpieces for. Has anyone done this? I guess my biggest question is what do you do with them when you get to WDW? Does someone put them on the tables for you? Thanks for any ideas or advice!! :goodvibes

I think they charge you a set up fee...but as with some of the other "miscellaneous" fees...I supposed they could forget:rolleyes1

Do you forsee any issues with shipping them down?

I bought and decorated all the glassware (vases) for my centerpieces, and I also provided the votives for the tables. Disney added the flowers and set them up. There is a set-up fee, but if you carefully calculate your costs vs. disney prices, the set-up fee is usually neglible when compared to the cost savings.

My parents drove everything down for us, but if you have to ship things down, be sure to add in any shipping costs when considering this.

I was actually considering bringing them with us when we drove because we'll have so many cars going down there and we'll be arriving about 4-5 days before the wedding. But I don't know if they would need them sooner than that.

I figured with Disney there will always be a cost or fee ;). But the centerpieces I was thinking about through Disney were the metal towers with tea lights for $90 each and I figured I could do something with tealight candles for a lot cheaper and prettier.

I'm just getting ideas together right now as I still have awhile before I can actually call Disney and start planning my wedding.

Thanks again for any help!

We made our own up here in NJ and drove them down in August. DH's parents live just outside the main gate of Disney in Kissimmee, so we stored them there. Disney doesn't want them more than a day or 2 before your wedding because they have extremely limited storage space. There is a set-up fee but it's small and not always charged. It was worth it for us. Good luck!!:thumbsup2

We made the main pieces of the centerpieces for each of the tables. My dad drove them down, actually he hauled alot of it down. We dropped it off at Francs and forgot about it. It all looked wonderful and considering how many floral moves I had Disney could not have done any better and Laura Kidd was a PHENOM!

Definitely check with your EM on this... it also depends if you are having an in-park reception or not. We had ours at the LS and they gave us a LOT of trouble about bringing our own. (Ultimately, we didn't.) They told us we would have to set them up ourselves, and didn't even seem to want to charge the set-up fee and do it their way. I know other people who have had receptions at LS managed to make their own, but you should check before you invest the time and money into doing it yourself.

Definitely check with your EM on this... it also depends if you are having an in-park reception or not. We had ours at the LS and they gave us a LOT of trouble about bringing our own. (Ultimately, we didn't.) They told us we would have to set them up ourselves, and didn't even seem to want to charge the set-up fee and do it their way. I know other people who have had receptions at LS managed to make their own, but you should check before you invest the time and money into doing it yourself.

Thanks! LS is where I was planning to have my reception. If it becomes to much of a hassle I'll just get the metal tower candle thing :-))). I definitely don't want to be setting it up myself or expect any of my guests to. I'll definitely check with my EM when I call Disney to start planning my wedding.

Thanks again for the advice and suggestions! :goodvibes

Here are my thoughts because we have been back and forth about this a million times.

We are only going to have 5-6 tables too.
We are also driving from not very far away.
We weren't doing anything elaborate because we are in the Cali Grill and the view is really the focal point.

So we thought, cool, we'll make our own.
We got our price from DFTW floral for what they were going to do, and we couldn't find anything that would be cheaper for us to do it ourselves.

Once you add in the hassle of hauling it all there, paying the set up fee (they actually told us we would need to send a family member to help!) trying to get/transport/preserve flowers if you're using them, and hauling it all back home again it wasn't worth it at all!!

I agree with SRUAlum, you might find it's not worth all the hassle. If you want to save money on centerpieces, you will find that ones with candles are much cheaper than ones with flowers. We had plain bubble bowls with floating candles and they turned out great. In fact, my mom told me she was glad we didn't choose to have more flowers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter