Making Wedding Invitations

PrincessJen09

DIS Veteran
I posted this over on the Wedding board as well, but they suggested I come see you guys!

I was thinking of making my own wedding invitations because I have not found any that I absolutely love. I have an image that I would love to use as the background, but I am not sure how to go about doing it. I want them to look professionally done if you know what I mean. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

What is the image? How big do you want them? What color?

You could make the image a watermark (a setting in your word processing program) or make it transparent.

I was playing around with that.
This is the picture:
5242L.jpg

Would you want it to be the background? Or an image on the front? You could print the invite on white with a blue font that is similiar in shade to the picture. Then print the image on white as well, cut it out and adhere it to a band that goes around the invite. Or it could be attached to the invite with a pop dot and some ribbon.

I've got a few suggestions.

1-print the image on card stock so that it's very lightly in the back ground. Then print the font on top

2-use PSE to put text over it and then print it out on cardstock.

3-print the image on cardstock and use a vellum overlay w/the text on it.

4-do it digitally. You can create the invite and then have it printed digitally.

I am a consultant for Heritage Makers and could help you with the digital part.

My brother-in-law and his fiancee made their invites with a photo as well. They printed the image on vellum as an overlay, then printed the invites on cardstock. They tied it together with ribbon at the top. It turned out really cute.

I like the idea of making the image lighter and then printing the text on vellum. Should I get the picture printed professionally at Kinkos or something like that? How do you print on vellum?

I wanted the picture in the background of the invitation, but then I wanted it as an icon on the side of the RSVP card, place cards, and other things.

You can print on vellum right on your home computer. It takes a little longer for the ink to dry, so be extra careful.

Do you have PSE or something that you could play around with the pic and make it lighter? You should be able to do this all on your computer. Maybe you could even do the same idea w/the RSVP cards, making it part of the background. Ohhhh, I'm seeing it and loving it!!!

When you print on vellum, set your printer to transparency. If you don't, it'll never dry!

I dont have a program. What is PSE?

I can see it too and I am so excited! I just have to figure out the best way to get what I see onto paper!

You can do it put be sure to have lots of ink on hand so they all look crisp!

I picked up some vellum today to try out the wording on. I didnt get as much as I would eventually need because I want to see what it will look like first.

Any tips for a first time user of vellum?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter