Making the drive! Long Island to WDW

tiink3rbella

me0w~*
Are we nuts? We're going for our honeymoon Dec 31-Jan 7 ( We want to see new years at epcot) We are in the planning stage of possibly driving down, straight thru switching off drivers. Has anyone done this drive during that time frame? I didn't even think about the possibility of snow storms on the way down which is scaring me. It is a lot cheaper to drive then fly and rent a car so that is why we are doing it. Opinions??

Just leave yourself plenty of time to get down there. I would avoid driving on New Years Eve at night. As long as you have an SUV, you'll be fine with snow. We usually don't get bad weather in late December.

Thanks for the response, I actually have a little mazda cx5 which is a crossover with AWD so I should be ok! I also plan on leaving the night before so we can be at epcot for NYE and see the fireworks pixiedust:

we take the auto train, we drive from Long Island to Lorton VA and get on the auto train at about 230pm. we arrive in Orlando about 930 the next morning. we have driven down in the past, but January is a hard month, snow, ice can hit the entire east coast.

We had to delay a trip once in January for a snow storm. January 7th.

Check out the prices for auto train.
Dee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter