Making special requests

Therapeutic Smile

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for Steve...
Let me preface by saying I understand room requests are just that... requests... and in no way ensures anything.

OK.

So my girlfriend and I are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, we leave in 2 weeks. We paid the extra to be sure to get a King Bed room, as this was most important to us. Having done that, we'd now like to request that we have a non-smoking room that faces the river. If we got EXACTLY what we want, it would somehow be a non-smoking corner room (with two windows) with a view of the river... not sure if such a room, with a King bed, exists at the resort.

So how do I go about making these requests? Fax? Travel Agent? Call the resort directly? And how best to describe what we want?

Kind of like this... we want:

1) a non-smoking room
2) a room with a view of the river
3) a corner room

In that order? Or should I be more specific? Is that too many requests? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There have been rumblings that the fewer requests you make, the most likely they'll (it'll) be granted, but also rumblings to the contrary. I tend to lean towards the former over the latter being the most likely.

You should have the request(s) added to your reservation, if at all possible, and try to verify that they got it right by having them send you a revised confirmation. Whether you do this or your travel agent does this for you, that's up to you -- it won't make a difference in the end.

Call Central Reservations, give them your ressie #, and KINDLY ask them to add your requests to your reservation. They will note them, but they are not guaranteed.

If you want to be ON the river, that is a "preferred" view and you will pay extra...then it IS guaranteed!!! We stayed on the river for half of our stay this February...it really is nice!

You can also wait until you checkin and ask at that time. Sometimes you can get better results that way if the resorts are not to busy. :pug:

As stated River view costs extra so unless you booked it or get a free upgrade I would not request that. You have already booked the King and that might restrict the other requests except for nonsmoking as there are only so many Kings and they are all in different locations.

So I would probably only list NS, corner room.

Why did the king cost extra? Most disney resorts don't seem to charge more for that...It was actually just a request for us-we hoped to get it, but it was just a request (we did get it, and non-smoking, and the building we wanted, but I think the building was just luck).

It has been my success to get to the check in counter as early as possible. Much earlier than I actually want my room. There are more rooms available, and come available during the day. I try to check in around 9 a.m., although room not available, they can usually honor my requests first floor, nonsmoking. The later in the day to check in, the fewer rooms available, because they have been assigned. You will be visiting at the perfect time, not real busy. Good luck.
Therapeutic Smile said:
Let me preface by saying I understand room requests are just that... requests... and in no way ensures anything.

OK.

So my girlfriend and I are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, we leave in 2 weeks. We paid the extra to be sure to get a King Bed room, as this was most important to us. Having done that, we'd now like to request that we have a non-smoking room that faces the river. If we got EXACTLY what we want, it would somehow be a non-smoking corner room (with two windows) with a view of the river... not sure if such a room, with a King bed, exists at the resort.

So how do I go about making these requests? Fax? Travel Agent? Call the resort directly? And how best to describe what we want?

Kind of like this... we want:

1) a non-smoking room
2) a room with a view of the river
3) a corner room

In that order? Or should I be more specific? Is that too many requests? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, we are also at POFQ for the same dates!!! :banana: Dancin down the days!! I had sent an email when I booked POFQ to disney reservations (I had found the address on their website) the only request I had was Building 5, when we got our paperwork 2 weeks ago it did say POFQ building 5 right on, so I am thrilled! I never hurts to try and I simply explained in my short and polite email that w/ DD5 walking would be an issue at the end of a long disney filled day and with her we needed a non-smoking room. Good luck and have a great trip!!!!!! :wizard: I am wishing us great weather and sunshine! Anything is better than todays snow storm as we are expecting 8-10 inches and have 30mph winds already! Have a great trip!!!

I'd have them all listed on your reservation, then ask about them at check-in. Your request for non-smoking is pretty much a given, but it is the river view that is a little iffy. I'd think you'd have more of a chance getting a corner room than a river view, but it all depends on what is available when you check in. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

We requested a Non-Smoking, ground level, corner w/ connecting room for our stay at POR last March and were granted it! We did not have to state any medical reasons or fuss to get it. Unfortunatly these things don't always come for "free"...the upstairs unit busted a pipe during the middle of the night causing a very wet wake up call :umbrella: . It's not Disney w/ out a little excitement :jumping1:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter