• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Making somebody else's Disney Magic ...

I was FOD at Epcot last Halloween.
The crowds were so low I only used 1 of the 4 special FP's they gave me, which admit up to 4 people.
I was with my grandma, and she can't ride Soarin', so instead of wasting a whole 4 person FP on myself, I waited until I saw a family of 3 heading for the standby line and invited them to come in the FP line with me!

Someone made a little Magic for me too -
While on the Maharaja Jungle Trek, a couple offered me and a friend their FP's for EE. It's my favorite ride, so I was able to go on it for a third time that day! :goodvibes

Oh, yes! I forgot about giving away unused and unopened food items.

We usually order a case of beer and will have some left over. On the last day of the trip, we'll find someone who is obviously over 21 in the pool area and ask if they'd like to have our beer because we're flying home the next day. We've had some great reactions with a lot of happiness. Ds joked that It's like hitting the Beer Jackpot for the Year of a Million Dreams. LOL

To those who give your seat on a bus to children, older people, etc.....Thank you!

Quite possibly one of the best I have read so far!

Our family is going for the first time and you all have given me so many wonderful ideas to keep in mind to make other people happy. Thank you.

Dani

It is always nice to pass along a little pixie dust. DS6 is still pretty small, so whenever we see a kid, or an older person standing on a bus, I'll pull DS into my lap to make an extra seat, or if needed, I'll stick DS6 in DD15's lap, and stand myself.

We often give away unused fast passes, and take pictures for other people as well. I've lost count of how many times on the bus we've explained to people how to use fast passes, and given them a heads up as to which attractions build long lines fast.

I have 2 stories of magic we have received. First, we were walking back to our cabin at FW when a gentleman approached DD with 2 balloons and gave them to her because they couldn't take them on the plane. It really made her day! I love the random acts of kindness.

Another time we had just checked into the Poly for 10 days. DS (2 at the time) and I were playing on the beach with a shovel and pail. Suddenly I see a woman and her son (about 7) approaching with a giant Tonka dump truck, loaded with sand toys. My first thought was to divert DS's attention before he could see the other boys toys and want them. A minute later the woman introduced herself and asked how long we would be at the Poly. When we said we were there for over a week, she smiled and looked at her son. Turns out they were british and leaving the next morning. She had told her son to find someone to give his toys to as he couldn't bring them back home with him, and he chose DS. I offered to pay for them, but they refused. DS played with those toys every afternoon during our stay. Their kindness will be with me always!

When we checked out we passed them on to a young brother and sister. Perhaps those toys are still being played with on that beach.

There is something about Disney Magic, you can't help but want to make another person's trip as enjoyable as possible!

well said. I feel that all the time. It's part of what makes every trip fun. It almost seems selfish to take such pleasure out of helping others. How weird is that? I feel guilty for being so happy I can help somebody out ... wiggy.:confused:

I have 2 stories of magic we have received. First, we were walking back to our cabin at FW when a gentleman approached DD with 2 balloons and gave them to her because they couldn't take them on the plane. It really made her day! I love the random acts of kindness.

Another time we had just checked into the Poly for 10 days. DS (2 at the time) and I were playing on the beach with a shovel and pail. Suddenly I see a woman and her son (about 7) approaching with a giant Tonka dump truck, loaded with sand toys. My first thought was to divert DS's attention before he could see the other boys toys and want them. A minute later the woman introduced herself and asked how long we would be at the Poly. When we said we were there for over a week, she smiled and looked at her son. Turns out they were british and leaving the next morning. She had told her son to find someone to give his toys to as he couldn't bring them back home with him, and he chose DS. I offered to pay for them, but they refused. DS played with those toys every afternoon during our stay. Their kindness will be with me always!

When we checked out we passed them on to a young brother and sister. Perhaps those toys are still being played with on that beach.

Fantastic story that hopefully never ends. I love that beach. It may turn into like a Poly legacy, like finding hidden Mickeys. Kids staying at the Poly will ask "did you play with the giant Tonka truck?" It will go on and on ... awesome job!

I love this thread...thanks for starting it. When we were last in Disney, my family and I shared the magic too by sharing Dream Fast Passes, balloons, and seats on the bus.

My favorite moment happened on the last day we were there...we were at MK and just roaming around looking for characters we'd missed all week. My girls spotted Buzz Lightyear and wanted their photos with him so we stood in line to meet him. While waiting we met a small family (Mom, Dad & Son). The son was really excited to be meeting Buzz but was also a little disappointed too. The problem? Mom's camera was with Grandmom across the park so they weren't going to get a photo of their son with Buzz. I offered to take his photo and email it to them once we got home. They were pretty excited by my offer and happier still when they received the photo!

:wizard:

when leaving i always give pool floaties to a family when eating at TL i order a childs meal and give the pail and shovel to a child

What a great thread! :goodvibes Disney magic truly is the best!!

We've also given away fast passes and I always offer to take other's pictures (I love taking pictures so it's never a hassle for me!). I always grab a few extra maps and times guides when we walk in too. It never fails that we run into someone who's lost or doesn't know what time things start. The smile when I hand them the map is great! I also always have extra snacks, stickers and other "random" things in my bag to help pass the time and keep everyone entertained while waiting for the parade, ride, whatever. The best part is watching DS5 share magic and offer the snacks or other things to the kids. The smile on his face is enough for me!

We always offer our seats on the bus, to older guests and parents with little ones.

But on our last trip.....
I first did this for my DS, but when I told my DD and her 2 friends, they wanted to do it. I called the pay phone in UK when DS went in there, he thought it was cute. Well my DD's friend ( Lauren 15yr old -1st time to WDW) wanted to call.

Well there was this big group (all in blue shirts) looked like they were from a different country. They were taking pictures in the phone booth. Lauren called. A young guy ansrewed, she said "Hi, how are you, I hope you are having a wonderful trip", he was so excited, then she said "I like your blue shirts", he was amazed, he said "who is this", she said "its Tinker Bell, I am flying over Epcot". He made her say hello to others in his group, they were all laughing and really enjoying the phone call. Later we walked over there to take a pic, and he told us, "Tinker Bell might call you, she called us." Lauren was so excited, she was telling me she was having so much fun, and wanted to work at WDW. It was one of the highlights of our trip, bringing joy and excitement to others.

We have done many of the same things as others. We offer fastpasses we haven't used. I offer to take picture for couples and families. We give up our bus seats to those who need them more. As a family of 5, I can't count how many time we sat 4 in 2 seats while DH stood up and held on to the double stroller so other kids could sit. Good thing my kids are all underweight :) Now that our boys are 13 and 14, we still make sure they give up their seats for those in need (as do DH and myself).

But the best thing we have done was more after someone got home. One night we were walking out of EPCOT and DD noticed a small girls wallet on the ground. It was pink and had the princesses on it. We grabbed it and looked around for the owner for a minute or so. I looked inside and there was a little bit of $$, some trinkets and a business card. I assumed it was the dad's and tried to call the number the next day. Even went to the front desk to ask if they could look up the family to see if they were on property, but the couldn't and I understood. We left for home the next day so when we got home I e-mail the dad on the card. Sure enough, it was his young DD who dropped her wallet. We asked for their address and said we would mail it off. They offered to pay us and I refused. It was only a couple $$. About a week after we mailed it off, the little girl had written DD15 a thank you note for finding her wallet and returning it.

I love this thread...thanks for starting it. When we were last in Disney, my family and I shared the magic too by sharing Dream Fast Passes, balloons, and seats on the bus.

My favorite moment happened on the last day we were there...we were at MK and just roaming around looking for characters we'd missed all week. My girls spotted Buzz Lightyear and wanted their photos with him so we stood in line to meet him. While waiting we met a small family (Mom, Dad & Son). The son was really excited to be meeting Buzz but was also a little disappointed too. The problem? Mom's camera was with Grandmom across the park so they weren't going to get a photo of their son with Buzz. I offered to take his photo and email it to them once we got home. They were pretty excited by my offer and happier still when they received the photo!

:wizard:

:goodvibes how cool is that? What a nice thing to do. Takes so little, means so much.:thumbsup2

We just returned sunday from a week at DW, had a fantastic time. I always come prepared with bandaids, pain relievers etc. As we were leaving Thunder Mountain we saw a mother carrying her son (he was about 3-4) he was crying so hard, just blubbering. :( He was so sad, I happened to see that he had a really badly scrapped knee, I remembered my kids boo boos always felt better with a bandaid. I stopped her and offered her one, he wouldn't let her put him down so I put them on for him, I told him I was sorry they weren't spongebob, but he said that was ok. He was still sniffling a little and he showed me his other knee which also was scrapped so we added another. When they walked away he was all smiles. I remembered my daughter in law saying that she cried when her kisses and bandaids stopped making boo boos feel better, she knew the boys were growing up.

We also gave lots of FP's, and since it was so busy tried to wait for a family carrying food to pass by and wave them to our newly empty tables at counter service restaurants. That was always appreciated.

We've given away the fastpasses, taken pictures, let people go ahead in line and given up our seats which I love doing for the other guests. But I love doing things for the CM's. I give them those CM appreciation cards which they love to get and are always surprised to get. I will also go out of my way to find a manager/boss of a CM to tell them what a great job that CM is doing. I do this in everyday life too. And OP, your right, it does feel a bit selfish to feel so good for doing for others. I dont know why it doesn't catch on more. I love the feeling and so does my family. :dance3:

I love stories where guests make magic for other guests!

If we leave a park early, we'll stop by an attraction with fastpasses and will get a set of fastpasses before we leave. On our way out of the park, we'll find a family coming in and we'll give them those fastpasses to use for that evening. :goodvibes

I love this idea!:thumbsup2

What a great thread! :goodvibes Disney magic truly is the best!!

We've also given away fast passes and I always offer to take other's pictures (I love taking pictures so it's never a hassle for me!). I always grab a few extra maps and times guides when we walk in too. It never fails that we run into someone who's lost or doesn't know what time things start. The smile when I hand them the map is great! I also always have extra snacks, stickers and other "random" things in my bag to help pass the time and keep everyone entertained while waiting for the parade, ride, whatever. The best part is watching DS5 share magic and offer the snacks or other things to the kids. The smile on his face is enough for me!

You are truly part of what is so right about Disney World. Thank you so very much!

I love the stories. When the opportunity arises, I like to take a moment and speak to someone in a wheelchair, just to ask how they are enjoying the WDW magic. Even if they're non-verbal I will still make a cheery comment. My experience, w/ my DS is that very few people take the time to address people in wheelchairs. They speak to me and to my DH, but rarely to our DS.

On our last visit, my DS was tickled to have a CM give him a certificate that said "This Moment Was Certifiably Magical!", because he blew her a kiss as we passed her in The Land. We promply put it in his scrapbook when we got home. He loves to have us recount the story.

I always have a little section of my backpack stocked with wet wipes, band-aids, blister stuff, etc, and that stuff has come in handy a few times! One day while waiting for the AK parade, a tween girl and her group came over and sat beside us. The girl had a nasty cut on her knee that was oozing blood. Someone suggested the mom take her to the first aid station in the park, but the parade was about to start, so I whipped out my homemade first aid kit and helped her clean the wound and put a couple bandaids on it. Done, and done! The mom looked sheepish and kept insisting she was definitely going to get her to the first aid center after the parade, seemed embarrassed that she didn't have her own supplies. I just laughed and said, I'm glad I could save you the trip! I could tell it was weird to her that a stranger would help her and her DD (even in such a small way), which is so unfortunate!

Another time I was right next to a guy who got SPLATTERED by a seagull flying above. I handed him a travel pack of wet wipes and told him it's good luck when a bird poops on you! :laughing:

We give away extra fast passes and such during our trips, and we also offer to take pictures or help people with fussy kids.

However, MY dream is to buy up a bunch of the Mickey balloons and just give them away. I just imagine how much fun it would be to hand out the balloons for free to lots and lots of little children, especially the ones whose parents have planned a frugal trip and just can't spend the money on a $10 balloon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter